Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My name is Anais from Raleigh NC. I am excited to be part of this group as I will be having a new 125 G saltwater tank. I always wanted to have one for a long time, but do not know where to start. A friend of mine is moving and she would want me to have her salt water aquarium. I am joining the group to learn more about taking care of Reef aquarium. I have no experience and will definitely open for advice.

Any recommendation on how to move the tank and the livestock safely? It will be a 20 minutes drive.

Thank you,
Anais

20200701_143414.jpg
Welcome to R2R and to reefing Anais. Tank looks good. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.

Moving a tank is doable with sufficient planning . With time, care, patience, and planning it can actually be easy. Follow fishguy advice and ask questions as needed. The biggest thing, 2 or 3 days before is to just make sure you have everything needed. I cannot say enough to plan for everything. Have enough water for at least 50% water change. you will be fine and showing pic of your new tank in no time.

1593650183817.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Seffner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I don't really have experience with moving established tanks, but it looks like you already have good advice. Ask the questions when you need to. You will want to find the right forum to ask so that you get people that have experience with specific issues.

I would start here: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/new-to-saltwater-reef-aquariums-post-here.130/

You can also type in #reefsquad to get people dedicated to finding solutions to respond.

Good luck. I really think you are off to a good start by asking BEFORE you actually do something. One of the most important things is to be patient. There are so many cool things, you are going to want it all right now. But do your research and ask questions.

I've only been here for a few weeks and I am very impressed with how helpful and friendly everyone is. AND unless you post something obnoxious, people aren't here to judge you (and the Mods should take care of the obnoxious people anyway), they want your reefing experience to be a good one.

Back