New Nem Issues and Stuff

NanoReefer2025

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I got a rose bubble tip anemone last weekend and now I am facing a bit of an issue. After the first night after purchasing it, the BTA has settled in pretty much the worst place possible, in a shady corner kind of in the back of my tank. Not only does this make it hard for me to enjoy looking at it, but it’s also very hard to feed it and check on its health. Any suggestions? I would like to relocate it, but in a way that won’t injure its foot.

Here are some pictures. The first one was took right after I put him in the tank.The last two show his current location.
FC8496F4-FF66-4D69-BD07-4012B7D41DE6.jpeg

844BEC8A-E59C-4DD0-948E-327F08564113.jpeg

7A1F0FA9-117D-4793-99A4-6AD86C9B01D3.jpeg

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't feed it. Bubble tips will move to where they want to, it most likely will move on its own.

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the good thing and the bad thing about anemones is that they will move around until they find conditions to their liking. It probably needs to adjust to your lighting, but eventually it will come out of the shade. I would just be patient and see where it ends up. It will likely move several more times before it settles in.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, no need to feed it. They do perfectly fine without supplemental feeding.

As for where it is, this is typical for a new anemone. Especially if it was in a lower par tank or your lighting is different.

OP
OP
NanoReefer2025

NanoReefer2025

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, no need to feed it. They do perfectly fine without supplemental feeding.

As for where it is, this is typical for a new anemone. Especially if it was in a lower par tank or your lighting is different.
How much time should I give it? I was thinking about two more days and I will try something else. Maybe touching its foot with an ice cube or blowing it with my power head.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much time should I give it? I was thinking about two more days and I will try something else. Maybe touching its foot with an ice cube or blowing it with my power head.

No need to stress it out. I would be patient with this anemone my bubble tip went into the rock for 2 days and came out of one of the holes and is opened In the center of my tank.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to stress it out. I would be patient with this anemone my bubble tip went into the rock for 2 days and came out of one of the holes and is opened In the center of my tank.
Agree with this. It can take a few days. Biggest thing to watch for is gaping of the mouth. Btas will deflate from time to time and that is normal. Again, patience is key.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't bother trying to relocate it. You'll only tick it off and run the risk of injuring it, and it's going to end up wherever it wants to be anyway. Just hope it picks someplace good. If not, it'll eventually split and your odds double that one of them ends up in a good spot.

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: The BTA has moved to a new location, but unfortunately it’s still at the back of the tank where it is hard to see. I guess I’ll just have to be happy with wherever it settles.
I would give it a couple of weeks to see where it settles in. At that time you could always encourage it to move forward by decreasing (or shading) the light in the back. My back wall is covered in rock, so I don't have that issue.

OP
OP
NanoReefer2025

NanoReefer2025

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would give it a couple of weeks to see where it settles in. At that time you could always encourage it to move forward by decreasing (or shading) the light in the back. My back wall is covered in rock, so I don't have that issue.
Great suggestion! I’ll try it after a couple weeks if it stays in the back.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would not try to manually move it. Assuming it's getting more light now in its new spot? Try shading it again (from outside the tank) forcing it out into the front and light.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back