New Ocellaris not eating

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2020
Messages
1,081
Reaction score
1,043
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an ORA Snowstorm clown. It seemed to have an issue with its swim bladder upon arrival (not being able to stay buoyant) but after the first 24 hours that had gone away. Immediately upon introduction it paired with the ocellaris I had in my tank (the only fish at this point). It has been 4 days, and I still haven’t seen it eat at all. I soak the mysis in garlic, I’ve tried octopus, squid, brine etc. any advice? Water parameters are fine-
temp is 76F, Ammonia is 0ppm, nitrite is 0ppm. My nitrate is a little bit high, but nothing lethal. I’m dosing cupramine so I’m holding off on any water changes.
 
My Clown didn't eat for 9 days when I brought it home (there is a thread I have with lots of helpful comments if you want to look). He ended up only liking flake food, and it's still all he will eat. I have all kinds of stuff he should like better, but only flake. Try an bunch of stuff to see if you can get him eating.
 
My Clown didn't eat for 9 days when I brought it home (there is a thread I have with lots of helpful comments if you want to look). He ended up only liking flake food, and it's still all he will eat. I have all kinds of stuff he should like better, but only flake. Try an bunch of stuff to see if you can get him eating.
I’ll try that! Thank you :)
 
You might ask the seller what he was fed and start with that. Also, cupramine can suppress feeding IME. I would be careful and only use cupramine if the concentration can be verified with a Hanna high range copper checker. Good luck.
 
Brine shrimp or flakes are good starter foods for clowns but it can take a couple if days for them to feel comfortable enough to eat
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new