New Pico need help!

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha figured the !!'s would make everyone look... i'm starting a pico.. i want to have something unique somewhere around 5-7 gallons any ideas? kind of want a unique tank like a vase or something

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you got to make sure you gonna be able to provide filtration and all that jazz, i see that being hard with a vase lol

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well depending on what you keep I see it done with just a air line run below some live rock but your very limited with lighting and filtration to animals you can keep but it can be done if your willing to stick with those types and at a limited load and the dedication to maintain it.Most of these have a few hardy softie's and usally a pair of goby and shrimp combo or some other tiny fish.

OP
OP
Nate82

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't really wanna vase but i just want something cool and that's all that came to mind p.s. looking to sell yours?

OP
OP
Nate82

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha that's a little small for my taste.... but got a 10g tank from phil any ideas on inhabitants? I'm thinking zoas and some shrooms

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha looks like hes getting a nice ten gallon with custom canpoy and lights :) nate whos hooking u up bro? :)

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 gal pico on my desk at work. It's cool to have that to look at during the day.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just member how much harder its going to be with the smaller tank vs the ten gallon u can always add a skimmer like the one u have

Last edited:

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nate,

go to petsmart and get a 2.5 gallon AGA. then u wont have problems with it scratching (like many of the plastic/acrylic nano tanks do from the stuff they are made of). you can still use a small clip on CF light... or a 70 watt HQI or something.

OP
OP
Nate82

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
phil's giving me a ten or i was gonna buy a 5 gallon all in one 2.5's too small yea i'm looking for a skimmer as well

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well idk if im setting up my frag tank.

its drilled 5.5, and i got an extra skimmer ( a crap seaclone... but on a tank that small it should be fine).

LMK if you are interested, as i just dont have time to actually set it up. (phil, you can PM me about that tiny light, if u want it back)

OP
OP
Nate82

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'll keep that in mind what would you want for it? i'm looking for a better name like a cpr but hey maybe

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank itself is perfecto. its drilled glass pane is double thick.

the skimmer was crap on my 55. so i dont use it anymore. but for a 5.5, it should do the job. it needs a pump (maxi 1200 with venturi intake), as well as tubing to hook up to pump. if you decide to go to batavia tomorrow, you can grab it then. ill take $30 for it.(the tank itself was kind of expensive for a 5.5 due to the drill hole and bulkhead). the skimmer is free with the tank... since it still needs a pump.

the 5.5 HAS NEVER HAD WATER IN IT EVER. brand new.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 62 50.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.1%

Back