New Pico need help!

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude ill take the drilled tank if u dont want it and the light back lol ill trade you something! seeing as its drilled i can hook it into my system at the new house!

Nate i ment it would be harder to have a 2.5 vs a ten not vs what u have right now

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank I have is the Tom's 3 gal. It comes with a contained skimmer/filter system and a clip on light. It also has a top if you want to use it. I really like it. Have had no problems with the tank. The thing I don't really like is the light fixture itself. The light bulb comes with a hood---it is one unit. In order to change it, you have to replace that whole unit. Not to expensive but a bit environmentally unfriendly. I bypassed that by using a dremel and taking out the glue around the bulb and just replacing the light itself.
You can google the Tom's pico and see a picture. It's a sweet, ready to go system.

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o and to the haters who are gonna complain about my post asking for a price even thou its not my thread...............its ok bc hes picking up his pico from me friday :):)

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scroll all the way down to the bottom on the Doctors site and the price is there along with the replacement parts. I really like my little set up.

I also have a 12 gallon nano with a MH set up. It has a nano skimmer on it and it seems to run pretty well.

OP
OP
Nate82

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like it's going to be a 10g nano now ha change of plans what would you stock it with as far as inverts fish? i'm debating putting my harlequins in there..

OP
OP
Nate82

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm sticking with the pico phil ha i'm lazy so guys what do you think for a stocklist?

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ur a meanie head! it would not be any different to use a 10 vs 5,5 lol they are not that big in size difference

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my pico I had 2 sexy shrimp, a couple of crabs and a cerith. For corals, just had a couple of small zoo frags and a mushroom. Sand bottom and LR rubble.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 74 52.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back