New pics!

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been a while since I have posted some pics of my tank. I met Rev and his girl at macna and I told them I don't post much but would try to post more so here is a thread. A lot has happened over the last 6-8 months in my tank. I have lost about 95% of my sps and it really sucks. Long story so I won't get into it right now and bore everyone. Besides that things are getting better so I decided to take some pics. Again the tank does not have it's former beauty right now but I hope you enjoy the pics...

Pic3080-1.jpg

Pic2912.jpg

Pic3009-1.jpg

Pic3064.jpg

Pic3073-1.jpg

Pic3110-1.jpg

Pic3115-1.jpg

Pic3065-1.jpg

Pic3127-1.jpg

Pic3176-1.jpg

Pic3308.jpg

Pic3297.jpg

Pic3056-1.jpg

Pic3058.jpg

Pic3068-2.jpg

OP
OP
icedgxe

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hungry....
Pic3138.jpg

Pic3260.jpg

Pic2977-1.jpg

Pic3255.jpg

Pic2937-1.jpg

Pic3233.jpg

Pic3045.jpg

Pic3219.jpg

Pic3210.jpg

Pic2972.jpg

Pic3061-1.jpg

Pic3060-1.jpg

Pic3218-1.jpg

Pic3269.jpg

Pic3126.jpg

I brought home a couple more chalice's but the pictures of them didn't come out very good so I will try to get pics of them later.

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow looks pretty outstanding considering you recently had a crash! Great looking LPS for sure. I especially like that favia (single polyp) the one with the green striations and the red center. Did you get that from Jose Casas?

OP
OP
icedgxe

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks....the favia is called mayan sun. I got it from frag-a-holics.

Thanks! I don't really have any tricks. I tooks some of these with my p&s pan. lumix and some with a friends canon xti. I use a fast shutter speed (1/8 sec. on pan and it depends on the lens I was using with the canon), automatic iso, and I take a ton of pics. I go through the pics, delete the ones that are bad, edit the decent ones, post. This group of pics were the only decent ones I got out of about 400 that I took. That's about it. there are other little things here and there but really it is a lot of testing settings with your camera to see what works. Every single tank is going to photograph differently depending on lights etc. Iso, shutter speed, exposure and white balance are all things to start off playing around with to see the changes. Just take a few pics of the same coral over and over with diff. settings and see what's working and what's not. A lot is done in editing as well. Adjusting brightness, white balance, sharpness etc. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I am by no means a photographer or no a lot about it, so if anyone has anything to add or change feel free.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! You have a gorgeous tank that needs to be shared! And a talent for taking pics!! Thanks for sharing! ;)

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking corals! I really like the Pavona maldivensis you have there creeping up what looks like a vertical surface.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, if that's an ugly tank, then wow...I need some more ugly.

Great looking stuff, and simply stunning pics of the fish, did you trick them into posing or what?

Bubbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the fish pics! The Naso Tang pics are my favorite! Great coral selection as well! :)

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, if that's an ugly tank, then wow...I need some more ugly.

Great looking stuff, and simply stunning pics of the fish, did you trick them into posing or what?

Yeah I want some ugly to lol looking good I've been wanting some of that myan sun for a while nice grab

OP
OP
icedgxe

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the positive comments. As for the pics...I just take a bunch and see what comes out. My naso is really friendly and will just come up right along the glass and just stay there(probably wanting more nori haha). That makes it really easy to take pictures of him. The clowns are a pain to take pictures of as well as my melanarus wrasse. The others aren't so bad. Oh and I don't think I ever said it was "ugly" haha just missing my sps colonies. :cry: Red planet...gone.....tabling acro...gone....gc ultimate efflo...gone....german blue digitata...gone....rose mille...gone.....tri-color....gone...tyree blue polyp cap gone....joe the coral...gone...green stag...gone...tri-color nana gone...red stag with blue tips I had to cut into 7 pieces (that are now green instead of blue after staring ecobak pellets) orange cap...gone...purple rimmed cap...gone..green cap...gone. I think that about covers it. Here is a pic about a year ago before all the sps had a slow decline...

Pic2142-1.jpg

But you know....you just have to roll with the punches and keep on going. The pavona m. actually came with my love rock when I bought it and it was completely white. After a couple of weeks in the tank I noticed it was turning orange and sure enough there it is today. Thanks again for the comments. I will try and keep updates coming as things change etc.

Back