New Reefer S-1000 Build (210 Gal), Reefer 350 Upgrade.

Maxcmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite, but it doesn't leave much room. It can be screwed down with the supplied hardware. There is still room for mounting additional controllers to the side pull out piece.
1643251199859762170607546901402.jpg
I got everything built, water in the tank, heater, and salinity where it needs to be last night but I am struggling with some ideas on where to mount everything. I will have alot more equipment than I was running on my WB (another mp40, apex, trident, 4 more lights including one down below, etc.). Where do you have all your plugs and can you get to them easily with that set up? Hows the tank running?

OP
OP
TL1

TL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got everything built...

I have two EB832s mounted behind the tank and an EB8 in the garage. The controller for the MP40 on the far left is mounted back there as well. You can see the EB832s if you zoom in on the earlier photo of the messy room. I mounted the power adapter blocks to the back of the stand using peel-and-stick zip tie anchors.

I have three lights inside of the stand, one on each side (auto-on with cabinet doors open/close), and a Gro light, which uses the 24V port on the APEX.

I had to get a bit creative. I mocked everything up and disassembled it a few times before finalizing and securing everything. A number of the cables are routed to the top of the stand using these. Amazon has a lot of cable management stuff.

There is enough room to get around the back right and access them, the tank is ~6" off the wall though. There is also a tall and skinny 1 gallon jug from BRS for Trident waste. The garage wall pass through has been critical as well, being able to put DOS/UV/CalcRX/Carbon/GFO reactors and some misc Apex modules in there.

As far as the tank running, so far so good. Just brought my CalcRX online earlier this week. I snagged ~20 frags from WWC flash sale last week and am expecting them delivered tomorrow!

Let me know if you want any specific pics.

Maxcmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two EB832s mounted behind the tank and an EB8 in the garage. The controller for the MP40 on the far left is mounted back there as well. You can see the EB832s if you zoom in on the earlier photo of the messy room. I mounted the power adapter blocks to the back of the stand using peel-and-stick zip tie anchors.

I have three lights inside of the stand, one on each side (auto-on with cabinet doors open/close), and a Gro light, which uses the 24V port on the APEX.

I had to get a bit creative. I mocked everything up and disassembled it a few times before finalizing and securing everything. A number of the cables are routed to the top of the stand using these. Amazon has a lot of cable management stuff.

There is enough room to get around the back right and access them, the tank is ~6" off the wall though. There is also a tall and skinny 1 gallon jug from BRS for Trident waste. The garage wall pass through has been critical as well, being able to put DOS/UV/CalcRX/Carbon/GFO reactors and some misc Apex modules in there.

As far as the tank running, so far so good. Just brought my CalcRX online earlier this week. I snagged ~20 frags from WWC flash sale last week and am expecting them delivered tomorrow!

Let me know if you want any specific pics.
Ive had my head under my tank for two days and its getting there. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
TL1

TL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The glare from the lights has been obnoxious, and nobody that 3d prints light shades does so for the Coral Care. So I've taken it upon myself to design, print, and build shades of my own.

The four corners of each light have printed pieces which will allow 0.25" expanded PVC to slide into them. Mocked up a few different sizes. Decided on the slightly longer version.

Once I've got the PVC cut, I'll post some final pics!

20220211_153921.jpg

20220211_152933.jpg
20220221_192839.jpg

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS and one side of the sump. Did some custom tubing holders since none I could buy were to my liking. Auto water change and CalcRX pull from the upstream side of the sump and return on the downstream side next to the skimmer. Used a lot of peel and stick conduit to conceal wires and tubing.
I am intrigued, those red and orange lines - are they for alk and ca? I never thought to use hard tubing to actually dose into the water rather above and get the calcification process on the sump.. Does this work well?

OP
OP
TL1

TL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am intrigued, those red and orange lines - are they for alk and ca? I never thought to use hard tubing to actually dose into the water rather above and get the calcification process on the sump.. Does this work well?
1647612245819.png

Orange = Water change out
Black = Water change in
Red = CalcRx Feed
Clear = CalcRX Return

Each of them has a 1/4" acrylic tube entering below the water level the CalcRx Return was not installed in the photo, but is now.

This absolutely has prevented calcification and salt creep.

I've also since moved the trident sample line upstream of the CalcRx return.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1647612245819.png

Orange = Water change out
Black = Water change in
Red = CalcRx Feed
Clear = CalcRX Return

Each of them has a 1/4" acrylic tube entering below the water level the CalcRx Return was not installed in the photo, but is now.

This absolutely has prevented calcification and salt creep.

I've also since moved the trident sample line upstream of the CalcRx return.
I am stealing this idea 100%..

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finished the shades!
20220308_172558.jpg
All amazing, but as someone who struggles with obnoxious glow from 2 ReefLED 90s, I particularly love the shades and will be looking to do something similar when I upgrade soon to new lights. I recently saw a Philips CCP light at a LFS and those are amazing lights. I wish I had the headspace above my RSR 300XL to hang two of them or that there was a tank bracket for them. Oh well, it's between Radion XR30s or the Neptune SKY :).

Enjoy the tank!

OP
OP
TL1

TL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All amazing, but as someone who struggles with obnoxious glow from 2 ReefLED 90s, I particularly love the shades and will be looking to do something similar when I upgrade soon to new lights. I recently saw a Philips CCP light at a LFS and those are amazing lights. I wish I had the headspace above my RSR 300XL to hang two of them or that there was a tank bracket for them. Oh well, it's between Radion XR30s or the Neptune SKY :).

Enjoy the tank!

Thanks! I'm super happy with how the shades turned out. They are like 15lbs a piece... so unfortunately a tank bracket would probably never work for them.

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Re: the 15 pound weight, that's exactly what the LFS told me about the tank bracket. One of the few lights that look and feel like they should cost what they cost!!!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back