New tank. Stocking ideas???

Apheoxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! So I plan to upgrade from a Waterbox Marine X 60.2 (24 inches, 2 feet long) to a CADE Frag 1500 (60 inches, 5 feet long). I currently have a smaller Scopas, 2 clownfish, a melanurus wrasse, and a mandarin dragonet.

I want a yellow tang, I probably will cap out at 2 tangs, unless more is possibly?

Any other ideas as to what I can add to spice things up? Thank you!

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2-3 Pearly jawfish and/or a shoal of 5-7 bar gobies could be pretty cool especially if you break up your scape into a few different islands

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a yellow tang, I probably will cap out at 2 tangs, unless more is possibly?
2 or more are possible in a 5 foot tank but you may have trouble adding a Yellow with a Scopas. Even if you put them in at the same time the 2 Zebrasoma may not get along (Scopas in particular can be rather aggressive towards other similar shaped fish). You may get lucky but have a plan to rehome one of them if the aggression gets out of hand

Look at a Bristletooth (Tomini or Twin Spot) or possibly one of the smaller Acanthurus species (Chocolate or Powder). I would recommend adding the Acanthurus as a last fish.

Other neat fish may be a fairy wrasse or flasher wrasse. Many of them are very peaceful and add great color to a tank.

Anthias are an option as well. Lyretail or Bartlett or Dispar are readily available and a small group of 3 will often hang out together free swimming in the water column.

20230531_154216.jpg

Last edited:

AdotBdot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have a waterbox 60 and was planning my stocking list. Do you recommend the Scopas or Bristletooth in that size? I see you had one, so curious to hear your experience.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back