New to R2R. Asking for tips?

MontanaReefer406

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
42
What state or country do you live in
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! My name is Sam and I have been in the hobby for a year now. I have a low tech nano tank, that started out a little rough but now i would say has been a success. Its a 20 gal hex and custom stand and light mount done myself. Ive successfully kept some easy SPS and am trying out montipora now. I am good at doing regular water changes, and am dosing reef roids weekly.

I am wondering if you have any tips or advice for maximizing my low tech reef's potential. All my coral is doing well, minus frogspawn (ill save for another post...) however, do you have any more advanced tips to further improve my reef? Thanks so much!

15808328048192651861724447694553.jpg 15808328494395407070989962324924.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
null.jpg

Welcome to R2R! Nice looking tank. I really like your aquascape. The only tip I can think of at the moment is to monitor Alk and Cal as your SPS and LPS grow. Even with regular water changes, your consumption will rise.
 
Welcome to R2R!!! If you haven’t already watched the series you will likely find that BRSs 52 weeks of reefing videos are filled with info.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new