New to R2R from Holland

Daan Hijmans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, Galls and gender neutral's (heared you're side of the globe is kinda sensitive to the subject ;) )

I'm Daan (Dutch for Dan) and I leave in Holland. I'm 25 and into reef tanks for a short 5 years now. I started with a little 16 gallon cube, which did remarkably well for a first tank. I then switched over to a 30 gallon cube which was only a temporary container for my livestock for I was planning a reefer 350 build which had it's one year anniversary a couple of weeks ago.

I learned about this forum through the BRS youtube video's which has been my bible even before I started the hobby. Still sucks they don't ship to Europe (yet). W

Even though I set up 3 tanks I still consider myself a beginner and never stop learning. I'm going to try to keep a diary on here so I can educate myself with the collective experience and maybe even help other people out with my mistakes. Tried this on the dutch forum but I find you guys are more relaxed and supportive.
IMG_0363.JPG
Hopefully you guys find the time to drop by and leave a comment or something :)

Thanks,

Daan

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! It looks like you have a nice tank there.
My father-in-law is from Holland. He swears that people there are nicer than here in the states but then again he has been in the US for over 50 years.
We get lots of his relatives who come over and visit though. That is always fun!

OP
OP
Daan Hijmans

Daan Hijmans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Daan Hijmans

Daan Hijmans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! It looks like you have a nice tank there.
My father-in-law is from Holland. He swears that people there are nicer than here in the states but then again he has been in the US for over 50 years.
We get lots of his relatives who come over and visit though. That is always fun!

People are nice here but the reefing community is very small and judgemental in a way, I just don't feel attracted to it I guess. Maybe it's me!? I just use it for the frag swaps and stuff now. Plus this community is waaaay bigger, which means waaaay more knowledge. And you guys are on the ball with the innovations and research so better use the interweb in your adventage right?

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have learned more from this community than anywhere else. There are a TON of people here that are, what I would consider, experts as well as some that truly are experts.

If you have a question about ANYTHING, more than one here will have an answer ;)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

I laughed out loud at your opening. Also, Red Sea products are fantastic!

Keep us posted with yours with lots of photos! :)

OP
OP
Daan Hijmans

Daan Hijmans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

I laughed out loud at your opening. Also, Red Sea products are fantastic!

Keep us posted with yours with lots of photos! :)

Heheh I listen to a lot of podcasts[emoji51] but thanks dude! I think I will :).

I like their products aswell, very simple and easy to use. I just kind of trust them to provide me with the good stuff.

I’ll have to polish my phone-photography-skills but I’ll definitely try my best. [emoji120]

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back