New to R2R, Hello!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a long-time freshwater aquarium keeper until recently (started a Ph.D program and had to take down my freshwater aquarium), and am wanting to finally make the switch to saltwater once I move my new aquarium in. I'm hoping I can get some help and advice here beyond my own research and maybe help folks out as well. I am an ichthyologist by trade, so while I may not always know about the aquarium set up, I do know a few things about fish! So, hello everyone!

P.S. Yes, I am a huge Pokemon nerd and yes, I love all the fish pokemon. Especially Qwilfish.
Welcome home, you will love it here!

We can always use more “fish nerds”! Welcome aboard! Keep us posted with your tank with lots of photos, as well!

OP
OP
PrimaryQwilfish

PrimaryQwilfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

We can always use more “fish nerds”! Welcome aboard! Keep us posted with your tank with lots of photos, as well!
Thank you! I appreciate the welcome and will do so! I'll be awhile before my tank is ready, I'm in the early planning stage but once things begin moving, I'll be taking lots of photos!

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I know the forum recommended 75, but I think that'd be a bit big for me to start with.

Well you can always upgrade down the road... If you are like many of us here on R2R, you will be planning an upgrade to a bigger tank within the first year:p. Bigger tank = bigger/Cooler fish and more space for corals :).

OP
OP
PrimaryQwilfish

PrimaryQwilfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you can always upgrade down the road... If you are like many of us here on R2R, you will be planning an upgrade to a bigger tank within the first year:p. Bigger tank = bigger/Cooler fish and more space for corals :).
I dunno, I may be the opposite! I love the idea of Nano reef tanks, cause I love little fishes (barring Puffers and Triggers). I'm sure in the future, I'll want both a big tank for a Trigger or Puffer, and then little ones for every room for gobies and blennies! (once I'm out of college :p)

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

OP
OP
PrimaryQwilfish

PrimaryQwilfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to give an update, I ended up not being able to afford everything I wanted for my tank and decided to step down to a high salt brackish tank - and here it is! Im still aquascaping so let me know any suggestions you have.
20180227_103503.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back