New to R2R, Hello!

PrimaryQwilfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a long-time freshwater aquarium keeper until recently (started a Ph.D program and had to take down my freshwater aquarium), and am wanting to finally make the switch to saltwater once I move my new aquarium in. I'm hoping I can get some help and advice here beyond my own research and maybe help folks out as well. I am an ichthyologist by trade, so while I may not always know about the aquarium set up, I do know a few things about fish! So, hello everyone!

P.S. Yes, I am a huge Pokemon nerd and yes, I love all the fish pokemon. Especially Qwilfish.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome!!

OP
OP
PrimaryQwilfish

PrimaryQwilfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Do you have a tank picked out yet?
Hi there, thanks for the welcome! Yes, I have a 55 gallon tank with a wooden stand that I am going to use. I didn't want to start with something so big it would be too much of a handful or so small that it would technically be considered a nano tank. Picking the tank was the easy part (cause I already had it), now I'm trying to go through all the other things I need - where to put it in my home, what fish, what equipment, etc.!

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, thanks for the welcome! Yes, I have a 55 gallon tank with a wooden stand that I am going to use. I didn't want to start with something so big it would be too much of a handful or so small that it would technically be considered a nano tank. Picking the tank was the easy part (cause I already had it), now I'm trying to go through all the other things I need - where to put it in my home, what fish, what equipment, etc.!

Nice size tank to start with!

OP
OP
PrimaryQwilfish

PrimaryQwilfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!! I love your avatar. I just wish Lantern or Qwilfish or one of them was more meta relevant.
Thank you!!! Lanturn is my other favorite fish pokemon! I do wish they'd give the fishmons some more love, but I've found niche ways to use them. I actually made it to 2nd place in a local tournament with a Lanturn as my signature pokemon! Qwilfish has always been my favorite fish though because I love pufferfish. I just wish they'd give him sword dance back...

NaptownPzzWtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a long-time freshwater aquarium keeper until recently (started a Ph.D program and had to take down my freshwater aquarium), and am wanting to finally make the switch to saltwater once I move my new aquarium in. I'm hoping I can get some help and advice here beyond my own research and maybe help folks out as well. I am an ichthyologist by trade, so while I may not always know about the aquarium set up, I do know a few things about fish! So, hello everyone!

P.S. Yes, I am a huge Pokemon nerd and yes, I love all the fish pokemon. Especially Qwilfish.
Welcome, friend. Research and ask many questions. People here love to help. I'd choose gyrados or milotic btw

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy (1).gif

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back