New to Reefing! Please help!

JustenT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! So I went a lil coral shop based out of a storage unit, and I found a great buy. A 25 gallon cube rimless, on a stand, with a sump. Only problem was the leftover dirt and grime.
Anyways! I cleaned it up, and I’m wondering what oveflow box should I do? I’m wanting an internal overflow, and plan on getting the tank drilled. I’m trying to keep it a budget build because I’m still in high school. Does anyone know a decent internal overflow with a smaller price tag?

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always build one your self with material off amazon. I built for my tank here’s the thread I made for it. Let me know if this is what you meant?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats and welcome

there’s a few inexpensive overflow thru Brs, marine depot and Eshopps. Just wondering if it came with the sump how did the previous owner have it set up

OP
OP
JustenT

JustenT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats and welcome

there’s a few inexpensive overflow thru Brs, marine depot and Eshopps. Just wondering if it came with the sump how did the previous owner have it set up
The tank wasn’t drilled previously, but my LFS drills then for basically pennies. So I’m going to have it done there. I’m still confused on what a internal overflow is, and the whole sump thing. I’m a canister filter kinda guy, I own a lot of planted freshwater tanks.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prob,

an overflow is basically a chamber within the tank designed to let the water spill over into a chamber where the drain is placed. there Is usually a black panel that boxes in the drain that sets the surface height of the water and separates the drain from the rear of the tank. The drain can be at the bottom of the tank or on the back of the tank near the top.

read thru this real quick as a start

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back