New to salt

bakerjoe

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
32
Location
fenland
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya , I’ve had aquariums for about 20 years now , decided to take dip into marine . I’ve cycled my tank . It’s been running about 4 weeks . Cheated on the cycle and filled my oase 850 thermo with bioballs from my friends supply ( he owns the local lfs also ) tank is a 3ft cube roughly speaking custom made to fit into an alcove. It was housing a black water biotope . Would have liked a sump but drilling the tank seemed too daunting. Filters doing a good job though . Too good at the moment nitrates almost bottomed out. Lighting I’m running a Neptune sky. Looking forward to the journey . Surprised how much i need to learn feel like a novice again. Anyway ..
hi all
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move
 
Hiya , I’ve had aquariums for about 20 years now , decided to take dip into marine . I’ve cycled my tank . It’s been running about 4 weeks . Cheated on the cycle and filled my oase 850 thermo with bioballs from my friends supply ( he owns the local lfs also ) tank is a 3ft cube roughly speaking custom made to fit into an alcove. It was housing a black water biotope . Would have liked a sump but drilling the tank seemed too daunting. Filters doing a good job though . Too good at the moment nitrates almost bottomed out. Lighting I’m running a Neptune sky. Looking forward to the journey . Surprised how much i need to learn feel like a novice again. Anyway ..
hi all
Welcome to R2R!!!! Everyone is helpful here!!!!!
 
Thank you , well from lurking on the forum for a while reef folk seem to enjoy skinning cats in different ways and debating it . I’ll probably start a thread. I have photos from the cycle and build to catch everyone up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new