New to Site from Seguin Texas

Fehorse

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2022
Messages
13
Reaction score
32
Location
Seguin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I've been "encouraged" to introduce myself. Marlin here from Seguin Tx. Been doing aquariums since 11 years old, that is saying a lot considering I'm a little older now. That means fishkeeping for about 50 yrs. Mostly fresh with a little dabbling in salt on occasions. Recently wife bought a new aquarium wanting me to keep a reefer. Only a 50g Fluval AIO, so a little time consuming, but coming along nicely. Experimenting with negative coral landscaping, interesting from more traditional constructs.

Anyway, just beginning this reef phase of my experience. Tank has been running now for about 3 mos with fish and cleaning crew. Haven't placed the first coral yet as I want the tank nice and seasoned before I do. That's about it. Looking forward to keeping up with the forum for insight.

Marlin
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Well, I've been "encouraged" to introduce myself. Marlin here from Seguin Tx. Been doing aquariums since 11 years old, that is saying a lot considering I'm a little older now. That means fishkeeping for about 50 yrs. Mostly fresh with a little dabbling in salt on occasions. Recently wife bought a new aquarium wanting me to keep a reefer. Only a 50g Fluval AIO, so a little time consuming, but coming along nicely. Experimenting with negative coral landscaping, interesting from more traditional constructs.

Anyway, just beginning this reef phase of my experience. Tank has been running now for about 3 mos with fish and cleaning crew. Haven't placed the first coral yet as I want the tank nice and seasoned before I do. That's about it. Looking forward to keeping up with the forum for insight.

Marlin

Hi Marlin and Welcome! Glad you joined. Here is a big HOWDY from your Grand Prairie TX "neighbor"

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Its never to early to start!

This might help you find people local to you:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Hi and welcome to R2R! Here you’ll find people to be friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We’re glad you joined! If you haven’t started your build thread yet please do. I’d love to see your build as it progresses. I can only wish I had 50 years of fish keeping! Well done!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new