New to the forum

CaptianPaulie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my first saltwater fishtank and instantly got hooked :p. I did a fowlr setup in my small 20 gal tank just to see what is in store before I spent serious money on everything. Now that my girlfriend and I have completely fell in love with having a saltwater tank we are planning on upgrading to at least a 100 gallon reef tank, and turning my current set up into a quarantine tank. Since I'm still new to this and I did a pretty basic setup for my current tank I figured the best route for me would be join an online forum to get good information on how to plan the set up of the new tank. In my tank I have about 14 lbs of live rock( any more would have completely covered the bottom of the small tank), sand, a basic heater and thermometer, and a biowheel filter that I change every two weeks with the water. Like I said it's pretty basic. Then i have a black clown and a picasso clown, a yellow splendid dottyback, a yellow fin damsel, two engineer gobies and my cleanup crew that consists of two emerald crabs and a turbo snail. I have a guy who wants to sell me his whole set up for 800 and I just wanna make sure it's as good of a deal as it sounds. The setup is a 150 gallon 48 inches tall by 24 by 24 aquarium with live sand and 200 pounds of live rock, 150 gal sump, big skimmer, D.C.pump, 20 gallon refugee tank and a heater controller. It sounds like it is well worth what he's asking I just wanna know what else I'll need for it even tho he says it's up and running I want to turn it into a reef tank so I know I'll need lights but I'm not sure what else.

OP
OP
CaptianPaulie

CaptianPaulie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Let's see pics of the 20! Keep us posted with the 100 gal ;)
Screenshot_20170530-012949.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back