New torch, will it heal?

I posted it in part, in my first response. It's 1g of fresh SW 5ml peroxide, 5ml Coral Rx and enough lugols to make the the water look like very week tea. Approx 10 drops. The coral is dipped for 10 minutes. This is repeated after a few days if the coral doesn't begin showing signs of recovery.
Ok thank you.
 
Any update? Did you confirm it was not a pest?

I'm dealing with this now...

One of my new torches was going downhill, huge recession... thought it was due to splitting since I dip and remove plugs - and it was open during the day... noticed at night it was closed whereas my other never does. Then I noticed hair strand thick, pinkie finger length strings, looked like two-three, from the base going up & touching the torch. Soon as the light was on it it retracted and torch began to open... This was on the back and I had not noticed for several weeks.... something was living inside the grove cut out where it was fragged. Trimmed the skeleton, which showed nothing bore through thankfully, and hoping it makes a come back. Even breaking that cut piece up whatever it was is super small, saw two or three things smaller than the size of a pin needle head, whatever they were. Torch is now open day/night and more extended...

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 8.30.19 AM.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new