New Trident - Do these numbers look right?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you referring to my latest post for which you just replied to? If so, there was no question. I was implying that I was impressed by how accurate the Trident is compared to my Hanna's. Did you even read my initial post???

My initial post stated that my calcium was way off compared to my Hanna tester. Before my Trident arrived I read several concerning posts from other Trident owners that the calcium readings were way off compared to their other test kits even after calibrating. My calcium before calibrating was over 100ppm different from my Hanna. Neptune's website states that the Trident comes from them calibrated and the numbers wouldnt change much after I calibrated. I started to get a little concerned after reading these things so I posted on here to hear what others had to say. I was not downing the Trident. I was actually thinking maybe my Hanna checker was off.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. FYI, after calibration, the Trident did indeed correct itself within small margins of my other testers. So far it is running great.

Yes - I kind of misread what you wrote - I.e. I thought you actually thought they weren't good enough:)

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you joking? you just bought something to do testing. you cAn see that all of the results are normal and within range to the margin of error of both tests - im curious why you're asking. BTW - before people cup down my throat for being 'mean - I'm assuming that someone that is buying a trident 1 - knows something about testing and 2 something about accuracy and precision. and 3 - what Neptune recommends you compare your initial results to. Im sorry - but why does this question keep coming up - and no I'm not agin being mean - but how would anyone on this site know which test is the most accurate

There's no reason to be that way. It's a hobby and he just wanted help... Yes, a little more reserach and he would've found his questions answered E.G. His #s are well with the margin of error. It's a hobby, meant for fun -- chill :D

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's no reason to be that way. It's a hobby and he just wanted help... Yes, a little more reserach and he would've found his questions answered E.G. His #s are well with the margin of error. It's a hobby, meant for fun -- chill :D
I wasn't 'any way'. I was seriously curious as to why he was asking. And with all due respect - he answered me - and I responded to him. FWIW on this forum - if you disagree with a post - report it or send a PM - this back and forth bantering gets off topic quickly.

I specifically stated - im not trying to be mean - I really wanted to know. And if you read my post - you would have noted that I also specifically said the reason I asked is that people keep asking it every time they open their Trident box.

Zero1091

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had Hanna and get ball park results its never consistent.
I have the trident and use salifert to confirm my results here and there.
The results are either the exact same or very similar.
Ive had the trident for a month and my cal began to show readings that were off.
Calibrated it and went back to its normal spot on readings of all my levels.

I still use Salifert once in a while like 1 or 2 times a month to confirm the Tridents results.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - I kind of misread what you wrote - I.e. I thought you actually thought they weren't good enough:)

No worries it's all good. I would probably think the same thing if that is what I originally posted. :)

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I didn't take @MnFish1 The wrong way. Also a little more research wouldnt have done anything because I did research and really didn't find this question asked. It's all good though. Thanks.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had Hanna and get ball park results its never consistent.
I have the trident and use salifert to confirm my results here and there.
The results are either the exact same or very similar.
Ive had the trident for a month and my cal began to show readings that were off.
Calibrated it and went back to its normal spot on readings of all my levels.

I still use Salifert once in a while like 1 or 2 times a month to confirm the Tridents results.

Cool. Thank you. If my checkers start to get out of line then I might need to look at Salifert.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back