OP
RandellTiongson

RandellTiongson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
magandang umaga
(that's all I remember from my on line gaming friends from over in Bahay Pare and Mabalacat) :)
welcome to the show.:cool:
we need tank pics.
Will post tank pics soon... one of the challenges I encountered with this return is tank photography... LED lights and photography doesnt seem to work well together! I took better photos during my MH and T5 days. Once I figure out, will post.. but also a bit shy to post my newbie tank :)

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been an on and off hobbyist for 40 years now (as a kid). I started a salt water aquarium in 1980 using undergravel filter and the only fishes I can keep alive are damsels and clowns back then. I started to be more serious with reefing in 2003, establishing my first coral tank back then. My first "thriving" reef tank of mostly LPS was in 2006 and attempted unsuccessfully keeping SPS. I quit the hobby in 2010 and kept freshwater planted tanks instead which was so boring for me. After moving to my new and permanent home in 2017, I decided to go back to the hobby and built myself a 190g fish only tank since I felt I wasn't ready for reef in early 2018. After a little over 2 years of fish only with artificial corals and since I suddenly found myself staying at home all the time (strict lockdown in my country) and I found it convenient and the perfect time to go back to reefing and went on a binge studying about reefing again. I was overwhelmed with the amount of information in my decade of absence and was delighted to see the growth of the hobby everywhere. 10 months back into reefing, I now have a thriving SPS (with some choice LPS) tank and even built an sps frag tank. I hope to stay longer in the hobby this time... It feels good be be a newbie again.
Welcome!

whale GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome38.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back