OP
OP
Ladyyofthaseaa

Ladyyofthaseaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! When buying corals most vendors have a beginner corals section. I would start with them and progress.

R2R Funny.jpg
Will definitely do some research on those forsure! Haha

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, semi new to this hobby. I had done salt water when I was living in Hawaii but since I’ve moved I wanted to learn more about coral. Anyone know how good the LEDs for a bio cube 32 is? And if you have any tips for a new reefer what would they be? My system has been cycling since October of last year but I hadn’t been too focused on it since my only fish jumped out. I was wanting to start fresh and maybe look into starting coral first? Or one coral one fish? Is adding coral like adding the fish can I only add a few at a time without throwing my parameters out of wack?
Welcome!!!

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!!
I had lived many, many years ago on Maui! probably the best years of my life.

I am unfamiliar with the BioCube lighting but there are options existing to change out. I would only do so when needed.

The best advice I can give any new reefer is to go slow. Sounds like a nice, long, slow, cycle already. While your tank may appear cycled it may not be sufficiently populated with the beneficial bacteria needed to support life unless you have been feeding your bacteria population the whole time your tank has been fallow. Make sure that you have a proper bacteria population before adding any life, coral or fish. Start here and read. Cycling an Aquarium.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, semi new to this hobby. I had done salt water when I was living in Hawaii but since I’ve moved I wanted to learn more about coral. Anyone know how good the LEDs for a bio cube 32 is? And if you have any tips for a new reefer what would they be? My system has been cycling since October of last year but I hadn’t been too focused on it since my only fish jumped out. I was wanting to start fresh and maybe look into starting coral first? Or one coral one fish? Is adding coral like adding the fish can I only add a few at a time without throwing my parameters out of wack?
Welcome to R2R!!! Can’t wait to see your build tread.
Adding a coral is not as big bio load as adding a fish but a coral has different needs so you will add fish first. Corals do better if fish present

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Ladyyofthaseaa

Ladyyofthaseaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!!
I had lived many, many years ago on Maui! probably the best years of my life.

I am unfamiliar with the BioCube lighting but there are options existing to change out. I would only do so when needed.

The best advice I can give any new reefer is to go slow. Sounds like a nice, long, slow, cycle already. While your tank may appear cycled it may not be sufficiently populated with the beneficial bacteria needed to support life unless you have been feeding your bacteria population the whole time your tank has been fallow. Make sure that you have a proper bacteria population before adding any life, coral or fish. Start here and read. Cycling an Aquarium.
Thank you and I liked Maui beautiful and very secluded a lot of country out there!
I am definitely taking my time might aswell I’ve gone this long without coral since last year what’s a few more weeks?
Thanks for the video I will definitely take a look at it.

OP
OP
Ladyyofthaseaa

Ladyyofthaseaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, looking forward to seeing your reef!
You’ll definitely find the answers you’re after here.
Awe appreciate it. I’m definitely excited to finally get started with some coral. I’ve found a nice fish and coral store about and 1hr from the house well worth the drive with the quality coral and fish they have!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back