no luck with fish

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pair of dragonets would be a poor choice for a tank under 150 gallons in my opinion unless you plan on buying pods on a regular basis for them. I doubt one would survive in your tank at this point. They eat pods all day long. It is amazing how many they eat.
Not that he should even think about dragonets at this point, but a 30 gallon with lots of rock and macro algae with a 20 gallon refugium can be sufficient for a smaller pair of dragonets. I actually used a tank system like that to fatten up mandarins.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been asking for ALL parameters ...ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates, etc. I agree that it appears your tank is way too new to be adding the fish mentioned. Patience, research (watch BRS series on YouTube) is essential.

OP
OP
C

crankthecar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been asking for ALL parameters ...ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates, etc. I agree that it appears your tank is way too new to be adding the fish mentioned. Patience, research (watch BRS series on YouTube) is essential.
ok thanks for everyone trying to help i finely found what's wrong i have Nitrite 0.5 but it's interesting that my coral's are doing great even i have some Nitrite in my tank

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks for everyone trying to help i finely found what's wrong i have Nitrite 0.5 but it's interesting that my coral's are doing great even i have some Nitrite in my tank
Nitrite is far less dangerous to coral than to fish. And ammonia is actually food for the Coral's symbiotic algae.

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and my cycle should have been long over but apparently not
Your tank's cycle should never be "over". Try to rethink, reboot and avoid trying to purchase your way into keeping fish. I've been there, done that too!

Damsels are tough little fish, but they grow up to be aggressive turds. Clownfish can arrive with Brookynella or Ich, but they can endure the fluctuations of a new tank almost as good as Damsels.
Fish like Powder anything Tangs are not going to survive the ups and downs of a new tank. No matter how much $$$ you throw at it. Your tank needs a good 6-8 months to gradually ramp-up and build the Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate processing biology to support adding bigger fish like tangs.

Q. Summarize your essential tank parameters:
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
pH
Salinity/s.g.
Temp

Q. What does your incoming RO water test:
TDS
pH
Is it RO or RO/DI?

Q. Are you running UV? What wattage, what flow rate, how many hours per day?

Q. Are you running carbon, how much and where?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back