Noopsyche K7 mini 60w wifi

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tank are you upgrading to and are you planning to get another light? Curious, does the Noopsyche have the option to put out more whites if one wants to get away from the blue tinge?

Thanks
For sure. It's a more powerful light than I was using before on my Evo, so I have mostly blue/violet running currently in a modified Saxby/AB+ hybrid schedule. I don't know yet what the PAR is on this light, so starting low and will slowly ramp up and make it closer to AB+ as I go along:
Screenshot_20230122-154312.png

The Blues and Violets top out at 50% currently at the highest peak, and the white are topping out at only 15% at highest. Those will eventually come up higher, and I will eventually bring the violets up higher to be more like AB+. But, currently everything seems to be happy and I will go slow with bringing up the light intensity.

RE: upgrade, a lot in the air, depending on the house hunt. But, wife and I agree, my two nanos should get combined once we go to the next house, so I am thinking either an IM Nuvo 40L or IM Nuvo SR60. Both are 37" in length, so given the Noopsyche is supposed to give nice coverage in an 18" square, I will probably go with two of these--I also have an AI Prime 16HD to fall back on for additional light if needed. Prefer the Noops, though, for now.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure. It's a more powerful light than I was using before on my Evo, so I have mostly blue/violet running currently in a modified Saxby/AB+ hybrid schedule. I don't know yet what the PAR is on this light, so starting low and will slowly ramp up and make it closer to AB+ as I go along:

The Blues and Violets top out at 50% currently at the highest peak, and the white are topping out at only 15% at highest. Those will eventually come up higher, and I will eventually bring the violets up higher to be more like AB+. But, currently everything seems to be happy and I will go slow with bringing up the light intensity.

RE: upgrade, a lot in the air, depending on the house hunt. But, wife and I agree, my two nanos should get combined once we go to the next house, so I am thinking either an IM Nuvo 40L or IM Nuvo SR60. Both are 37" in length, so given the Noopsyche is supposed to give nice coverage in an 18" square, I will probably go with two of these--I also have an AI Prime 16HD to fall back on for additional light if needed. Prefer the Noops, though, for now.
Thank you for sharing the feedback on your light settings - good idea about taking the levels slowly - don't want to burn out any corals.

Good luck with the house hunt - hope it goes well. Depending on what you land on, you might have much more room than the Nuvo 40L or the Nuvo 60 :) I personally think the 40 is a nice size. I believe it's a peninsula type tank is it not? If so, then as you said you'll have to get another light fixture to add to it.

I'm surprised that you aren't using the AI Prime 16HD - care to share why you decided not to use it and such as on the Fluval?

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I mean to ask as well: Can the light be twisted(rotated) completely 180 deg? Asking because based on the picture they show on their website, the 2 knobs that secure the light appear 'inside' of the light and not the outside. I was anticipating that the 2 knobs would be placed such that they are outside of the tank's glass.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing the feedback on your light settings - good idea about taking the levels slowly - don't want to burn out any corals.

Good luck with the house hunt - hope it goes well. Depending on what you land on, you might have much more room than the Nuvo 40L or the Nuvo 60 :) I personally think the 40 is a nice size. I believe it's a peninsula type tank is it not? If so, then as you said you'll have to get another light fixture to add to it.

I'm surprised that you aren't using the AI Prime 16HD - care to share why you decided not to use it and such as on the Fluval?
The AI prime is on my office IM Nuvo 10g, right now. It is working well, but I think the Noopsyche mini is head and shoulders above the AI prime. Once I merge the Evo and the Nuvo 10g, I will probably go with two minis and have the prime as backup or supplement.

The AI prime is nice for a nano, but I think the Noopsyche (5 watts more than the prime) put the wattage in a better spectrum.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AI prime is on my office IM Nuvo 10g, right now. It is working well, but I think the Noopsyche mini is head and shoulders above the AI prime. Once I merge the Evo and the Nuvo 10g, I will probably go with two minis and have the prime as backup or supplement.

The AI prime is nice for a nano, but I think the Noopsyche (5 watts more than the prime) put the wattage in a better spectrum.
I placed my order - hope it's not a long wait for it. Based on what you see, do you think/know if the light can be detached from the flex arm if one wants to mount it on a different type of arm mount?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed my order - hope it's not a long wait for it. Based on what you see, do you think/know if the light can be detached from the flex arm if one wants to mount it on a different type of arm mount?
I've been looking at the same thing. For example, the Kessil goosenecks look like they'd have the right screw plate (with an extra hole sticking out that might not be pretty). Should be easy enough to rig up.

Mine took around 3-4 weeks to arrive. Wasn't counting, just waiting. Many different cases reported on R2R: sometimes delays on the China side, sometimes on the US side (my case), sometimes went fast.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at the same thing. For example, the Kessil goosenecks look like they'd have the right screw plate (with an extra hole sticking out that might not be pretty). Should be easy enough to rig up.

Mine took around 3-4 weeks to arrive. Wasn't counting, just waiting. Many different cases reported on R2R: sometimes delays on the China side, sometimes on the US side (my case), sometimes went fast.
I ordered it on Monday and no status changes - I think I heard somewhere that it's a holiday week in China?

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weeks....holiday weeks.
Weeks?!?!?!??! That's a bit ridiculous for such an extended period such as 15 days for holidays - I'd think that any business to survive wouldn't be able to remain offline for that extend of days. I guess that explains why I got no response.

They really really should put on a message on their website - instead of leaving customers wondering.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weeks?!?!?!??! That's a bit ridiculous for such an extended period such as 15 days for holidays - I'd think that any business to survive wouldn't be able to remain offline for that extend of days. I guess that explains why I got no response.

They really really should put on a message on their website - instead of leaving customers wondering.
Yeah, agreed. They have some growing to do as a company. That's why it's important that we stay engaged with them on this forum--I understand they have done well taking advice from reefers on the forum. All said, still a great light with high end performance for a fraction of the price of the high end lights!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Unfortunately it's not a fault of the company beyond being located in China. The fact of the matter is - same as in America - shipping shuts down for the holidays. China just happens to have longer holidays than America does. Like you said, @noopsyche could post warnings about upcoming holidays that could affect shipping times and that would be helpful.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It is no doubt a great light with powerful shimmer. I in fact am looking for another one

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given that it's been over a week and a half since I placed my order, and there hasn't been any response from reaching out to them, should I just leave it for next week, which then I"m assuming this holiday will be finished.

I can't believe as a business they don't advertise that shipping will be suspended until so and so date if in fact they are closed for the holidays.

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to order another one, so watching to see when they start fulfilling orders again.
I'll keep you posted next week - they might not even have any stock, but if they do, probably better to place the order in case they run out.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche is there or will there be a way in the future to share our lighting / timing profiles like AI?
They have a QR code method:

K7mini01615_LPS (1).jpg

On android you save the profile and it generates a QR code in your photos -> library -> pictures subfolder.

corcor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a QR code method:

K7mini01615_LPS (1).jpg

On android you save the profile and it generates a QR code in your photos -> library -> pictures subfolder.
thats awesome! thank you I did not know that. Is there a collection anywhere of these?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats awesome! thank you I did not know that. Is there a collection anywhere of these?
Not yet to my knowledge. Was thinking of starting a thread, but I'm still tinkering with settings and acclimating toward my final program. They have a thread already for the K7 v3/pro, but not the mini yet.

corcor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet to my knowledge. Was thinking of starting a thread, but I'm still tinkering with settings and acclimating toward my final program. They have a thread already for the K7 v3/pro, but not the mini yet.
..maybe one day

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back