Notifications not working!!

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having this issue? Not sure if it's from the app or my phone... but I am not getting new notifications or if I do it's displayed out of wack... I've had several replies to my posts and what not but the last notification I have is from 1/16/17... I've refreshed, tried everything. Kind of frustrating

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have either of you guys tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app? Can you try that and let me know if it fixes it?

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you upgraded your iPhone to the latest software iOS 10.2.1? It was released January 23.

OP
OP
Vahanyos

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes after an upgrade you may need to go into the iPhone's settings and make sure that notifications are turned on. Rare but this randomly happens.

To be clear, it's not notifications that are coming directly on my phone, but I'm the app itself. I have to click my profile and go to my posts just to get to the thread I made and see if people replied :/

I'll reinstall the app and let you know if it does the same thing

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be clear, it's not notifications that are coming directly on my phone, but I'm the app itself. I have to click my profile and go to my posts just to get to the thread I made and see if people replied :/

I'll reinstall the app and let you know if it does the same thing
So you mean your "alerts" from the r2r app aren't showing? Have you tapped on your name above and then gone into "alert preferences" to make sure that the appropriate boxes are checked?

OP
OP
Vahanyos

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you mean your "alerts" from the r2r app aren't showing? Have you tapped on your name above and then gone into "alert preferences" to make sure that the appropriate boxes are checked?

Yes, what's strange is when I go into my notifications the last activity is 1/16... yet here we are replied and posting back and forth to each other...

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, what's strange is when I go into my notifications the last activity is 1/16... yet here we are replied and posting back and forth to each other...
This is because your last ALERT was 1/16 . NOT YOUR last posting. Go into your "alert preferences and unchecj all bo xes. Hit save, then go back and recheck the boxes you want and save again. This should reset the alert preferences.

OP
OP
Vahanyos

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is because your last ALERT was 1/16 . NOT YOUR last posting. Go into your "alert preferences and unchecj all bo xes. Hit save, then go back and recheck the boxes you want and save again. This should reset the alert preferences.

Didn't see "alert" preferences but I did see the push notifications. Is that what you mean??

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't see "alert" preferences but I did see the push notifications. Is that what you mean??
Tap your name at the top of this screen and you should get this dialog box. Alert Preferences is on the left column.
Screenshot_2017-02-09-16-28-02.jpg

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Line looks totally different bud - not sure if you're on an iPhone.
I'm on an Android but my screen is showing far more options than you are showing. The 2 operating systems can't be that different. You are at a different place in the app than I am.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back