NPS Forum?

blueridgereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance of starting up a NPS forum on here? Or is it included somewhere and I just missed it(I'll feel really stupid if that's the case:tongue:)

I

inactive

View Badges
I believe there is just not enough interest... "NPS" is really either a "softie" or a LPS.

I

inactive

View Badges
LPS refers to a coral that has a skeleton that a fleshy polyp retracts into. A softie is a coral without a skeleton.... :p

REEF INFOPINION WARS!! :D

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The growth, care, and keeping of NPS corals is quite different from anything else.

Anna, I am working steadily to prepare to start an NPS tank, moving/selling some corals and practicing regular feeding with a dendro colony and a spirallis. I'd be surprised if there's enough interest at R2R for an NPS forum, though, if one were created, I'd be happy to participate with you and probably learn from you. I'm assuming that, since you asked, you have an NPS tank or at least some NPS corals. Currently, I'm doing my learning at the Dark Side and at ultimatereef.com. If you know of other sites, I'd sure appreciate hearing about them. Dependable NPS information is darned hard to find.
Gary

I

inactive

View Badges
Ok now I'm debating on hooking a little NPS system up with a giant skimmer.. hmm.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you're into NPS, check these out...

Archohelia Redviva

IMG_4604.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

Dendro Sp., LMK if you have an ID...

IMG_4605.jpg

OP
OP
blueridgereef

blueridgereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The growth, care, and keeping of NPS corals is quite different from anything else.

Anna, I am working steadily to prepare to start an NPS tank, moving/selling some corals and practicing regular feeding with a dendro colony and a spirallis. I'd be surprised if there's enough interest at R2R for an NPS forum, though, if one were created, I'd be happy to participate with you and probably learn from you. I'm assuming that, since you asked, you have an NPS tank or at least some NPS corals. Currently, I'm doing my learning at the Dark Side and at ultimatereef.com. If you know of other sites, I'd sure appreciate hearing about them. Dependable NPS information is darned hard to find.
Gary

i wish. i wanted a forum so i could learn more. it is hard to find good info. speaking of the darkside, reefcentral.com has a NPS forum....
here's the twitter for a new site. it hasn't launched yet, but it looks good-azoox reef (azooxreef) on Twitter

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We could start a NPS forum if we could get one or two people to baby sit it and get it rocking! Maybe become the forum pro for that...

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev,
If you're willing , please set up the forum. Let's see how it goes. I can at least throw in a few photos.
Gary

condor

CORAL DR.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you're into NPS, check these out...

Archohelia Redviva

IMG_4604.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

Dendro Sp., LMK if you have an ID...

IMG_4605.jpg
i did some research. but without examining the septa it could be tubastrea, dendro, or turbanaria heronensis

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back