OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier this summer I was privileged to be sponsored by @Kessil! I was graciously sent the newly anticipated AP9X! The spread and par is definitely much more superior than my previous light, the xr30pro G4. I have zero regrets taking down my previous light! My corals and my SPS have responded very well to the new light. My SPS are under 200-440 PAR, the AP9X is only running at 50% intensity! So far I'm loving this light :cool:

vMPqPTJ.jpg

bvUWqMO.jpg

enQq2LG.jpg

vSaPmQ6.jpg

D4H1jD9.jpg

StaIQmK.jpg

JDadX3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh sorry didn’t see the date oh the last post. I was thinking of this tank With the same lights. I was wondering how much evaporation you had and if you were still happy with the overall dimensions of the tank. Thanks for the response!

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just curious where did you fit your 5 gallon ATO reservoir ? doesn't seems to have enough space

What sump did you go with?

I got an Ikea cabinet that currently sits next to my tank. This cabinet holds my (trigger) 10gallon ATO and controller board.

Last edited:

Angry German

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have basically the same setup, IM 50 EXT, Patinum Trigger cube sump and Kessil AP9X. Been running only 4 months now and will be a mixed reef. Just wondering what settings you are using on your AP9X? color, intensity, Violet, red, green and photoperiod. Seems like you got it down as your tank looks great.

MikeyD1182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Angry German Due to family issues, I went MIA from R2R for a long time. I apologize for the delay. Let me find my screenshots, and I will share with you that light schedule.
Hey how’s it going @JC Reef, I was wondering if you still have this setup up a running and how you like the AP9X overall so far?

MikeyD1182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have basically the same setup, IM 50 EXT, Patinum Trigger cube sump and Kessil AP9X. Been running only 4 months now and will be a mixed reef. Just wondering what settings you are using on your AP9X? color, intensity, Violet, red, green and photoperiod. Seems like you got it down as your tank looks great.
Pmd you @Angry German

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey how’s it going @JC Reef, I was wondering if you still have this setup up a running and how you like the AP9X overall so far?

This tank was shut down almost two years ago. I have started a new project with a different tank, but I encountered some problems that made me decide to change it. Here is the link to my new project, where you can see the details and the progress.

MikeyD1182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank was shut down almost two years ago. I have started a new project with a different tank, but I encountered some problems that made me decide to change it. Here is the link to my new project, where you can see the details and the progress.

@JC Reef Sorry about your mom, im dreading that day!! And dang man that’s quite the misfortune tank after tank but definitely glad you found a new tank setup to go with. Will you do a build thread on the new glass box when it’s started up? Did you have any issues with the EXT 50?

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JC Reef Sorry about your mom, im dreading that day!! And dang man that’s quite the misfortune tank after tank but definitely glad you found a new tank setup to go with. Will you do a build thread on the new glass box when it’s started up? Did you have any issues with the EXT 50?

The plan is to do a new build thread for the new Glasscages tank :cool:

I only encountered one issue with the 50EXT. The glass became cloudy on one side (inside), and nothing could remove it, not even a sharp razor blade. I contacted IM, but they said they could not help me because my warranty had expired. I was polite and informative, but they were dismissive and rude. I was very disappointed and frustrated. I think the glass had a defect, because this is not normal. I had used three other IM tanks before and never had this issue.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back