TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love what you’ve done with this tank. I have the Lagoon 50 AIO which was purchased before the EXT’s were announced. I’m jealous of the extra 4 inches of real estate you’ve got to play with. Following along.

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love what you’ve done with this tank. I have the Lagoon 50 AIO which was purchased before the EXT’s were announced. I’m jealous of the extra 4 inches of real estate you’ve got to play with. Following along.

Thank you! This tank has been a total blast ;Shamefullyembarrased

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup, I’m considering the 50 ext myself and was wondering how the overflow is. Does it make much noise (are you able to dial it in to be silent). I have a sapphire 20 with a COR 15 to put under it so almost the same setup just a square sump vs the rectangle 26.

I really love the overflow! The noise is minimum to silent and having a gate valve makes it very easy to adjust.

Indiana Reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but how much flow are you putting through the 50 EXT for the return? The manufacturer suggests only 500 GPH

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but how much flow are you putting through the 50 EXT for the return? The manufacturer suggests only 500 GPH

The manufacture requirement doesn't apply to my current set up. I'm running Two 3/4in RFG's by @Vivid Creative Aquatics But I need to run at least 700-800 GPH to get the most out of my RFG's, the minimum is 400-500 GPH

My Vectra M1 is currently working at 38% = 760GPH

Indiana Reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manufacture requirement doesn't apply to my current set up. I'm running Two 3/4in RFG's by @Vivid Creative Aquatics But I need to run at least 700-800 GPH to get the most out of my RFG's, the minimum is 400-500 GPH

My Vectra M1 is currently working at 38% = 760GPH
Okay thanks!
So the drain can handle it but not a single return line. If I go with the 50 or 40 gallon IM I will use this setup for the return.

How are you likeing this tank and stand? You did a wonderful job with setting it up!
I am looking at going with GHL dosers and possibly a KH director

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks!
So the drain can handle it but not a single return line. If I go with the 50 or 40 gallon IM I will use this setup for the return.

How are you likeing this tank and stand? You did a wonderful job with setting it up!
I am looking at going with GHL dosers and possibly a KH director

First and foremost I apologize for the late reply, I been extremely busy.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm really enjoying this tank and the stand is very easy to put together. At 1st I didn't like the height of the stand but it's not bad. I already got my GHL Doser, they're sponsoring my build :D

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!!!

I'm very excited to announce that GHL is my new sponsor. I will be replacing my Eshopps Doser for the GHL Doser 2.1 Stand Alone Unit! I'm very excited for this product! I did extensive research and I highly believe this is the best dosing pump in today’s market. I’m very excited to implement this doser into my current setup Thank you @ghl_aquariumproducts @Vinny@GHLUSA for this awesome opportunity.

1XqnDnd.jpg

DZVAGkw.jpg

Unboxing YouTube Video ;Singing

Last edited:

thomas hudson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the exact tank i am going to build. My old tank was a 75 but i don't have room in my new house for it. I am going with tank, a 20g long that i have put acrylic baffles in from @Oceanboxdesigns. I am also probably going to build my own stand since theirs is so pricey. It looks amazing but i think i will just put the work in and build one. I will probably plumb mine very similar to yours though. Great inspiration!

inspi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’m interested in that tank, but I can’t find any further dimensions on this tank. Do you know if there’s enough space on the left of the overflow for a MP40 on the (black) back side?

Best regards

thomas hudson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i would like to put two mp40s on the back wall of this tank. Is that overkill for this size?
Hi,

I’m interested in that tank, but I can’t find any further dimensions on this tank. Do you know if there’s enough space on the left of the overflow for a MP40 on the (black) back side?

Best regards

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliment. I believe all new builds are fun regardless of their size :D

This is the exact tank i am going to build. My old tank was a 75 but i don't have room in my new house for it. I am going with tank, a 20g long that i have put acrylic baffles in from @Oceanboxdesigns. I am also probably going to build my own stand since theirs is so pricey. It looks amazing but i think i will just put the work in and build one. I will probably plumb mine very similar to yours though. Great inspiration!

The left side might be a tight fit for an MP40 but I might be wrong.

Hi,

Best regards

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back