JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newest build was acquired through a very unusual scenario. It was March 31st and I was at the children’s hospital with my wife and nine-month old son. He had just gone through a tethered spinal cord surgery and we were all exhausted. The @MarineDepot Facebook giveaway was just 3 hrs. away from closing. I mentioned to my wife that she should enter this giveaway. You could be the lucky winner, who knows? I said to her. I knew we had slim to no chance since it had a few thousand entries. A few days went by when the announcement was made. She was a WINNER of the @Innovative Marine “NUVO EXT Lagoon 50”! This will be a fun and awesome Family build!!!

It took a few weeks to receive the APS stand and Tank. For the time being I was already doing my research and the information available was very limited. I knew this tank came with no sump and hardly any plumbing, which made things a bit overwhelming. I was entering a new and unknown territory which made me take a break. I currently have a Nuvo 30L and during my 8 years in this hobby all I have known are “AIO” systems. I will be transferring everything into the new build = more room for extra activities hahaha!

628jLai.jpg

So I went ahead and started to research my sump options. I found several of them but the Trigger Systems Sapphire 26” was clearly the best fit for this build. I decided to also add the Trigger Sapphire ATO 10 Gallon Reservoir. It’s obvious it won’t fit inside the cabinet, so it will be placed outside next to the stand or inside a small custom cabinet (still undetermined). I got all my plumbing from BRS since they had everything that was needed. I hit a road block when I was sketching my sump options. I determined that running a manifold system would pay off in the long run if I ever decided to run a reactor. The news leaked out that Innovative Marine will be carrying a shelf for the APS stands. This was an important factor when designing my plumbing and therefor I kept the manifold system low.

yT18hJQ.jpg

WOX0fk3.jpg

0tfTcQ4.jpg

Building the stand was very easy and straight forward
1Tli2HU.jpg

j2lhkL8.jpg

I went ahead and used 1" PVC. Lets start mocking that plumbing!
zzNPlKK.jpg

WTeYXRN.jpg

I had to maneuver the "E" line around the main drain. Success! I was able to drop it inside the Skimmer section
Yzq8AEu.jpg

vdy7Mpk.jpg

A check valve by "WYE" was added for extra safety. You can never be to safe. I used 3/4 PVC for the return line
Fe07Gz4.jpg

Manifold system is coming along nicely.
IDyPo8G.jpg

dnGACSs.jpg

I will be running 1 reactor for now.
iISwrff.jpg

Everything is looking good. I will be gluing it together in the next few days.
4LIKJS6.jpg

Current Equipment:

Tank: Innovative Marine 50 gal Lagoon EXT
Wave Makers: 1 Ecotech MP40wQD and 1 Sicce SDC XStream
Light: AP9X Kessil
Sump: Trigger Systems Sapphire 26
Return: Ecotech Vectra M1
Skimmer: GW Shark GW-5
Reactor: BRS Reactors
GHL Doser

Anyone is more than welcome to follow my Instagram page @ JC.Reef

Last edited:

GoonReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Baller seeing more INT/EXT tanks. Friday can’t come fast enough for my EXT 100. Will totally be folllwing your build ! Burrito has a sweet INT and a big jump on us at the moment.

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Baller seeing more INT/EXT tanks. Friday can’t come fast enough for my EXT 100. Will totally be folllwing your build ! Burrito has a sweet INT and a big jump on us at the moment.

That’s awesome!!! Now I’m craving a burrito [emoji23][emoji23]. I will have to check him out. Thanks for following my build.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you will be happy with a single mp10. Even a pair of mp10 is pretty weak. I'd get the 40, and pickup a second 40 when you need it a few months later.

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you will be happy with a single mp10. Even a pair of mp10 is pretty weak. I'd get the 40, and pickup a second 40 when you need it a few months later.

All the items listed under current equipment is things that I already have for this build. I actually have two mp10’s on my 30L, this tank eventually will get broken down.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics provided me with 2 RFG for this build. Thank you so much for your generosity!!!

fsbMKef.jpg

What an amazing story about the way you and your wife acquired the tank.
The new EXT and NXT system are a perfect match for the Random Flow Generator nozzles, since they come with genuine loc-line, making them instantly compatible right out of the box.

This should be interesting and we can't wait to see this tank up and running.
With the Vectra M1, and two RFGs - your flow should be crazy!

Following along!

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an amazing story about the way you and your wife acquired the tank.
The new EXT and NXT system are a perfect match for the Random Flow Generator nozzles, since they come with genuine loc-line, making them instantly compatible right out of the box.

This should be interesting and we can't wait to see this tank up and running.
With the Vectra M1, and two RFGs - your flow should be crazy!

Following along!

I know 2 RFGs will be giving me some crazy flow [emoji41]. Thanks once again! [emoji1430][emoji1376][emoji1374]

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following this build.. as I have been looking at purchasing this tank.. How are you liking the tank so far?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back