Ocellaris Clownfish Aggression

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I’ve had my royal blue tang baby and baby clownfish in a tank together coming on a year now. The clownfish have always been friendly up until now from what I expect is them not loving the corals I have in the tank as most of them were soft corals and dull torches which they didn’t mind but certainly didn’t host an individual for a prolonged period of time. I bought a rather colourful torch and they seem to love it. Unfortunately it has made the female clownfish unbelievably aggressive. She goes after my blue tang who then retaliates and bites her back. The male clownfish has now started to join in. This includes now trying to attack my hand which they have never done. I know the obvious solution would be to remove the torch coral but at the moment I only have a seahorse tank which won’t allow torch corals. Does anyone have any solutions to combat this aggression other than moving the coral itself? Thank you

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I’ve had my royal blue tang baby and baby clownfish in a tank together coming on a year now. The clownfish have always been friendly up until now from what I expect is them not loving the corals I have in the tank as most of them were soft corals and dull torches which they didn’t mind but certainly didn’t host an individual for a prolonged period of time. I bought a rather colourful torch and they seem to love it. Unfortunately it has made the female clownfish unbelievably aggressive. She goes after my blue tang who then retaliates and bites her back. The male clownfish has now started to join in. This includes now trying to attack my hand which they have never done. I know the obvious solution would be to remove the torch coral but at the moment I only have a seahorse tank which won’t allow torch corals. Does anyone have any solutions to combat this aggression other than moving the coral itself? Thank you
Try a mirror on the tank maybe, I know clowns tend to get aggressive when they have something to protect though.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back