Odd critter on my gsp

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I thought I already posted but I’ll try again. Heya! Can anyone help me identify this one? I started a tank a couple weeks ago and wanted to give gsp a shot since I haven’t had any problems with my clowns and my levels have stabled out according to my LFS. The gsp has been doing great for a week and is growing new portions. Only thing is I built a rock shelf for it and when I turned it around I saw this orange based something on the back with white dots on the end of the tentacles. Please let me know what it is if you can and what I need to do! B9C42C77-BDB7-4B8C-8D8F-5C195A8F6B8A.jpeg
90379271-6FC6-4A99-BF5F-6B562B94C9E5.jpeg
95E81D1B-122F-4C22-9C8D-AF885F11D2E8.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s another picture
3145DEBF-F8BA-4E7D-9918-CAE1B7A936E6.jpeg
Looks like a ball anemone. While not really an anemone and more related to a mushroom, they can irritate corals. I usually leave them alone, as they typically prefer lower light areas and do not bother anything in my tanks.

For where that one is, it might be a good idea to remove. They are easy to remove, especially as that frag looks like it can be removed easily.

You have 2 options if you want to remove:

1. Make it retract, take frag out of tank and place a dab of super glue gel over it.

2: Or, take frag out of tank, take a cup of water out of the tank, scrape the ball nem off, then rinse frag in cup of old tank water and place frag back in tank.

OP
OP
C

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a ball anemone. While not really an anemone and more related to a mushroom, they can irritate corals. I usually leave them alone, as they typically prefer lower light areas and do not bother anything in my tanks.

For where that one is, it might be a good idea to remove. They are easy to remove, especially as that frag looks like it can be removed easily.

You have 2 options if you want to remove:

1. Make it retract, take frag out of tank and place a dab of super glue gel over it.

2: Or, take frag out of tank, take a cup of water out of the tank, scrape the ball nem off, then rinse frag in cup of old tank water and place frag back in tank.
Awesome, thank you so much!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back