odd tank size - LED options

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dabbling a little here and there, when it comes to LED lighting for my 32x24x24 cube. The setup will be for a mixed reef.
The 32" throws things off. I am trying to find one fixture that will take care of everything. The tank is not that big to have more than that.
I would really like to have a fixture that has manual control knobs and that won't rely on wifi in order to operate. This isn't a deal breaker, but would certainly like to avoid if possible.
I used to have AI Hydra HD 26 fixtures. I was not a fan of the app in order to control them.
All the lights I was looking at (>$1000) all seem to be for smaller / larger tanks.
I did find the Hydra 64HD. If I am right, that one fixture look like I would only need the one in order to achieve the mixed reef requirements.

Can anyone confirm this, or possibly recommend better lights that would fit the bill?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
reefi uno pro 2.0. i'm unsure of the mount height. if you'd like to supplement with more lighting, a cheap aliexpress LED bar, or quanta LED bars would be just great.

i'm currently planning a 60B cube build i will hopefully transfer all of my 40B stuff to, and am thinking of selling my lights (two hydra 32HD's with individual reefbrite xho kits) and get the above mentioned lights (reefi and quanta bar). if anything i may do 2 reefi's.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back