Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am really awed by all the love and support. Ill be following and keeping everyone in mind as well.
My brother is an addict too. I'm happy to see that you are making healthier choices. A year is a big deal! Congrats!!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Im trying. No one could convince me until I was ready, I just see all the terrible news about the "opium crisis" and think this is not good. But its by the grace of God im alive...
It is a terrible thing. I read something recently that overdose deaths are higher for certain age groups than car accidents. Scary stuff. Keep up the hard work.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pray for me. I have anger issues about pain pills. Lab rats displayed the exact same behavior. Why in the world would the FDA approve this stuff? I know the answer...just pray for the anger I feel about it.

Converted to Saltwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pray for me. I have anger issues about pain pills. Lab rats displayed the exact same behavior. Why in the world would the FDA approve this stuff? I know the answer...just pray for the anger I feel about it.
I will certainly do that. I really understand that anger. I hated what I loved and hated me all the more for it for a long time. Consider it done.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, hate to hear that about your brother also. Its hard to watch.

I'm praying for you! May the guardian angels of the heavenly father always be by you and your brother side and watch over all of you and your family, Amen!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Katrina, sweetheart, you and your brother are In my prayers as well. Father, lay your healing hands on this family, in the name of the father, son and holy ghost, Amen!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I want all of you to say this:

Satan, be gone from me, my family and my loved ones. You are NOT welcome! I plead the blood of Jesus Christ over all of them. Please forgive me for my sins and thank you for saving me! In the name of the father, the son and holy ghost, amen!

Converted to Saltwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True story. 7 days from now I was in an icu. I was done, tired of the methadone clinic tired of being tired. I refused morphine many times, at the doctors urging, it was shortly after I prayed with faith that I could,be brought through that.
Ironically, I flatlined. But, looking back had I not been so broken I would not have the faith I do now. Gods plans are greater than ours.
That's kinda why my signature says embrace the suck. It gets better.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've said this before, the day I finally gave it all away to him and let go was the day I was born again.

I stopped trying to control everything and finally trusted his direction. That was over ten years ago and I've followed what he has wanted me to do since.

Trusting him changed my life. We are all here for a reason. That reason isn't always clear. I know this all too well with my heart condition. I'm still here for his work and I know this.

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was jaw dropped when I saw this prayer request thread.
Thank you for it. I do have 2 prayer requests.
First I have been a functional addict for eleven years. Minus this year. I thanks God I have 1 year sober and clean next week. April 17th I dedicated my life to Christ. I've never had less materially and been as happy for no reason at all. So praise God for that.
Second, yesterday I found out my brother is going down the same road.
Please pray for his life. I am terrified for him. He's not to far along he can't just stop, but won't listen.

im not a spiritual guy, but i can always respect and appreciate good life choices. great to see this site is more than a reef forum and can double as a support group. i hope you continue on you path of good choices, its never easy to make a life change, but just want to say everyone is here for you. i hope your brother takes on the path you have chosen.