Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont mean this to sound blunt but if God didnt have a future for You You wouldnt be here. The fact that youre still here tells Me You still want to be here and so does God. The enemy can not hurt You but He can play with Your head. Do You have a Church/Pastor? If so I would recommend consuling with Him rather than a "medical" consuler. When You start having these thoughts pray, not to yourself but out loud. Tell the enemy to leave you alone in GODS name.
I will be praying for You and complete calmness and peace

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont mean this to sound blunt but if God didnt have a future for You You wouldnt be here. The fact that youre still here tells Me You still want to be here and so does God. The enemy can not hurt You but He can play with Your head. Do You have a Church/Pastor? If so I would recommend consuling with Him rather than a "medical" consuler. When You start having these thoughts pray, not to yourself but out loud. Tell the enemy to leave you alone in GODS name.

This^!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heavily father, we come to you to give Bryce peace and claim his spirit. We ask that you send your guardian angels to comfort him and let him know that you love him and hears his prayers. Protect him with your love and grace. Place your hands on him and heal his mind.

We all here come in your name, the father, the son and Holy Spirit, amen!

steelwrap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heavily father, we come to you to give Bryce peace and claim his spirit. We ask that you send your guardian angels to comfort him and let him know that you love him and hears his prayers. Protect him with your love and grace. Place your hands on him and heal his mind.

We all here come in your name, the father, the son and Holy Spirit, amen!
Amen

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was too just floating along and trying to keep my head above water. Then there was moments that I would ask god to help me, but I would still struggle with everything in life. Years of this went on and on.

It wasn’t till I was reduced to a bag of clothing and sleeping on a friends couch that i finally gave in and said to god “ I get it now. I’ve been trying to control my life, but I’m not very good at it. I surrender. I’ll do what you want me to do. Save me, I’m yours now.”

In time I would have moments that would be obvious that he was helping me. And I followed. Since then my life has been a blessing and I’m thankful for everyday I have. The power of prayer is truly “powerful “, if your willing to surrender and follow him.

Since nothing in this world will ever shake or change my faith, nothing!

I’ll pray for you! Your not alone, he hears you!
Ditto. Been there too.
Amen!
Praying for you right now Bryce.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, honestly reading all of these requests, I feel pretty petty for posting this. So recently, well past two days, I've been having memories I've been keeping out for years coming back, it's been putting me back where I was back then. Just no hope, again, it just makes me feel like again, this world and God does not have a future for me. It's all jumbled, unable to be seen clearly, well who I am kidding, that's putting it at it's best, I can't see anything. Again I'm back where I was, no progress, no hope. It's just cold, honestly remembering hearing that my friend had shot himself, and then, that same exact afternoon my uncle shoots himself at work. It was raining, those days were dark, and cold, literally and emotionally. Those were not the times where I struggled with depression the most, it also feels like I'm there in a few of those moments. Vividly I can remember those nights, I can stare exactly at the places around my house where they happened, even though I have moved furnishings. In the corner of my bed room, sat at my desk, attempting to play some doom to calm my nerves but ending to resort to taking a gutting knife to my throat, submerging myself in a bath. I can just remember those so vividly now, years after. Then at the hospital, man the hospital. I am glad I went there but during the experience it was horrible, necessary but hard being away from my family. I don't know why but I'm remembering these things, it's just again an empty and lonely feeling.

Bryce this is not petty by any means.

I will pray for healing from Him above. You just need the seed of belief. Just the true one little ounce of faith and let it grow to feel.

God also puts people here for us to talk with. You might have some PSD from all this and it would not hurt nor be looked down on to speak with someone who knows how to help cope with things of this nature.

Just ask Him to come back to you and renew with a strong spirit within.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bryce M. let me share a short version of recent.

Many of us including myself have lost grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, brothers, sisters, friends and brothers and sisters we served within the military. I've lost all I just listed. My only living sibling is my younger sister who has PLS which is in the same family as ALS and she declines daily.

I have...well had 4 children. (I still speak in the present and claim 4) My oldest son was born 12-27-85 and died 10-26-17 from a long drawn out battle with alcohol. It dragged out for several years and one morning he was yellow from head to toe.

Airlifted to UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill. It took several weeks of suffering and we (his younger sister of 25, his younger brother of 28 his momma and I were with him during his final hours) His youngest sister is 8 and I would not allow her to be there. (yes, I have an 8-year-old at my age)

I said all this to say that I lost sight 10-26-18 at 10:01 PM and was very angry with God up until about maybe 5 months ago. Without His presence and guidance, I went into the abyss and it sounds like you are fighting not to go there which is good but we all need help from time to time. Mine came from family, friends, children, and God. AND as corny as this may sound R2R with the wonderful folks here have also lifted my spirits back.

Sure there are still tough times, but we can make it with help. ***I offer to be here for conversation and prayer.

This is one of the ways I see my son. He always had a smile on his face, he put charities on for Autism and won a slogan contest for Brain Cancer For Children. He was poor as could be but gave all he had. Here is my struggling artist of a son. :)

406620_10150533737045479_181747451_n-2.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bryce M. let me share a short version of recent.

Many of us including myself have lost grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, brothers, sisters, friends and brothers and sisters we served within the military. I've lost all I just listed. My only living sibling is my younger sister who has PLS which is in the same family as ALS and she declines daily.

I have...well had 4 children. (I still speak in the present and claim 4) My oldest son was born 12-27-85 and died 10-26-17 from a long drawn out battle with alcohol. It dragged out for several years and one morning he was yellow from head to toe.

Airlifted to UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill. It took several weeks of suffering and we (his younger sister of 25, his younger brother of 28 his momma and I were with him during his final hours) His youngest sister is 8 and I would not allow her to be there. (yes, I have an 8-year-old at my age)

I said all this to say that I lost sight 10-26-18 at 10:01 PM and was very angry with God up until about maybe 5 months ago. Without His presence and guidance, I went into the abyss and it sounds like you are fighting not to go there which is good but we all need help from time to time. Mine came from family, friends, children, and God. AND as corny as this may sound R2R with the wonderful folks here have also lifted my spirits back.

Sure there are still tough times, but we can make it with help. ***I offer to be here for conversation and prayer.

This is one of the ways I see my son. He always had a smile on his face, he put charities on for Autism and won a slogan contest for Brain Cancer For Children. He was poor as could be but gave all he had. Here is my struggling artist of a son. :)

406620_10150533737045479_181747451_n-2.jpg

So sorry for your loss. Your in my prayers.

We are born into this world with no choice. I've learn the hard way that I cant choose what life places before me and certainly don't have control over my world. I can, though choose how to deal with life. God gave us free will over ourselves. When I'm overwhelmed and believe me, it's easily done, I slow down, take a breath and pray for God to help me get through it. This happens sometimes several times a day.

I carry a heavy load on my back everyday. I have a stepdaughter that has serious health issues. Shes had three open heart surgeries, has lupus, connective skin disorder, is in renal failure and is bi polar. She has two daughters, 3 and 6. Her health has declined and me and the wife moved them into our home two years ago. The granddaughter's father has nothing to do with them.

We do everything we can to keep them okay. It's a lot, but they don't have anyone else. We are all they have and we love them with all our hearts.

Back in February of last year, I was diagnosed with heart failure at 20%. Since I've improved to 30% with meds and a pacemaker. God isn't done with me and I know this.

I was a "oops" baby. 1 of 4 in my family, my sister was the closest to me at 12 years apart. My father didn't want another kid and all my life up until his death, he never once told me he loved me. Never went to my baseball, football games, never saw me race BMX, graduate highschool. Me and him had a huge argument just a couple months before he died. He told me that he never wanted me and never wanted to see me ever again. I forgive him and I have moved on.

It's been a rough road for me, but God has carried me through all of it.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While prayer is great and can do wonders for people, I would not hesitate to seek professional medical help or even just a therapist to talk with. These people have dedicated their lives to helping people, let them help. I always remember a "story" a nun I had told. A man was trapped on a roof during a flood and each day he prayed for god to rescue him and his family and each day a rescue helicopter would fly by but he would wave it off saying that god would save him. Finally god spoke to him and said, "why do you not take the help that I offer?" Confused the man replied "I am sorry god but I have not seen the help you offer, it still rains and the flood waters have not receded to allow my family's escape". To this God replied, "who do you think sent the helicopter each day?" While I am not religious, this has stuck with me for some reason

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While prayer is great and can do wonders for people, I would not hesitate to seek professional medical help or even just a therapist to talk with. These people have dedicated their lives to helping people, let them help. I always remember a "story" a nun I had told. A man was trapped on a roof during a flood and each day he prayed for god to rescue him and his family and each day a rescue helicopter would fly by but he would wave it off saying that god would save him. Finally god spoke to him and said, "why do you not take the help that I offer?" Confused the man replied "I am sorry god but I have not seen the help you offer, it still rains and the flood waters have not receded to allow my family's escape". To this God replied, "who do you think sent the helicopter each day?" While I am not religious, this has stuck with me for some reason
I agree. Prayer is wonderful and I think that there are many amazing resources that we have living in our modern world. If god really did create everything we see, then he created doctors and therapists for a reason. To help us

Todvod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your loss. Your in my prayers.

We are born into this world with no choice. I've learn the hard way that I cant choose what life places before me and certainly don't have control over my world. I can, though choose how to deal with life. God gave us free will over ourselves. When I'm overwhelmed and believe me, it's easily done, I slow down, take a breath and pray for God to help me get through it. This happens sometimes several times a day.

I carry a heavy load on my back everyday. I have a stepdaughter that has serious health issues. Shes had three open heart surgeries, has lupus, connective skin disorder, is in renal failure and is bi polar. She has two daughters, 3 and 6. Her health has declined and me and the wife moved them into our home two years ago. The granddaughter's father has nothing to do with them.

We do everything we can to keep them okay. It's a lot, but they don't have anyone else. We are all they have and we love them with all our hearts.

Back in February of last year, I was diagnosed with heart failure at 20%. Since I've improved to 30% with meds and a pacemaker. God isn't done with me and I know this.

I was a "oops" baby. 1 of 4 in my family, my sister was the closest to me at 12 years apart. My father didn't want another kid and all my life up until his death, he never once told me he loved me. Never went to my baseball, football games, never saw me race BMX, graduate highschool. Me and him had a huge argument just a couple months before he died. He told me that he never wanted me and never wanted to see me ever again. I forgive him and I have moved on.

It's been a rough road for me, but God has carried me through all of it.

Flippers,
Father issues are so tough as we often see our Heavenly Father thru the lens of our fathers. Fathers have so much influence over our relationship with God. Even though you know it, I want to affirm how much your Heavenly Father loves you. He really really really does. You may not have heard those words from your father, but your Heavenly Father knows all your pain and suffering and is saying it to you right now and every day; “I love you, you are my favorite, I died for you and long to have you sit on my lap and just be with me.”

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flippers,
Father issues are so tough as we often see our Heavenly Father thru the lens of our fathers. Fathers have so much influence over our relationship with God. Even though you know it, I want to affirm how much your Heavenly Father loves you. He really really really does. You may not have heard those words from your father, but your Heavenly Father knows all your pain and suffering and is saying it to you right now and every day; “I love you, you are my favorite, I died for you and long to have you sit on my lap and just be with me.”

@Todvod,

Thank you for the kind words. Yes my heavenly father walks, sits, drives by my side, comforts me when life is heavy and listens to my every word everyday. I love him and I know he loves me.

I made up my mind long ago to never be like my father. I tell my kids, stepkids, grandkids and my wife all the time that I love them. I'm active in their interests and life. I broke the chain and through away the pieces.

I'm at peace with who I am.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, everyone for the kind words, it really has reached my heart. I've been busy these few days and yesterday I took off for a package of $250 or coral, it was delayed due to a flight, so here I am sitting for a package that hopefully contains some live coral. Even though I've been busy and only got on recently, I thank you all so much.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, everyone for the kind words, it really has reached my heart. I've been busy these few days and yesterday I took off for a package of $250 or coral, it was delayed due to a flight, so here I am sitting for a package that hopefully contains some live coral. Even though I've been busy and only got on recently, I thank you all so much.

No problem friend. Thinking about you man.

Hope the shipment arrives soon and safe.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back