Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
When tang police come for you?
LOL, LOL

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta say comments like make me cringe, and I’m a 27 year old. I feel like comments like this is part of why the older generations think poorly of our generation. And what the heck does “dumpstering these boomers who think they r ethic majors” even mean? Lol
Lol

First every generation thinks they r so much better than the one that follows! Btw global warming that effects every aspect of nature from corals to animals living in the poles r in danger because of previous generations so they shouldn't be pointing fingers.

Second when I say "ethics major" I mean people who go to EXTREMES to protect nature. :p

Lastly "boomers referring to the baby boomer gen think they know everything so the term "OK boomer" is commonly used to mock them when they try to tell u there narrow minded opinion.

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh. Fun thread and all but comments like that instantly invalidate anything else you're trying to express.
And I care because... I am having fun and don't require your permission or exception to do so. People will probably start ganging up on me now for expressing my opinion in an opinion based hobby but that's ok :)

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol

First every generation thinks they r so much better than the one that follows! Btw global warming that effects every aspect of nature from corals to animals living in the poles r in danger because of previous generations so they shouldn't be pointing fingers.

Second when I say "ethics major" I mean people who go to EXTREMES to protect nature. :p

Lastly "boomers referring to the baby boomer gen think they know everything so the term "OK boomer" is commonly used to mock them when they try to tell u there narrow minded opinion.
Think you mean their opinion, not there opinion.

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol

I was actually being facetious in my response, I did know what you were trying to get across. But in my opinion that response is just as narrow minded as you are claiming people of the baby boomer generation to be. “Ok Boomer” is a easy response to not being able to hold a civil conversation with someone who disagrees from your viewpoint. It also is saying that you think your viewpoint is better then theirs.

Oh and we absolutely should be going to extremes to protect nature and the environment...

BornHandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was young in the hobby, it was in the '90's! Back then, tank raised clowns were a new thing, and sellers that didn't offer them used to say "tank raised won't host in an anemone". It was a marketing tactic to sell their wild fish over the tank raised ones... It was completely bogus!

I suspect that a lot of the "rules" were marketing tactics at one time, and some fell away, while others persist.

Is the "6 feet rule" a marketing tactic to sell larger tanks? Maybe - who knows? All I can say is that I have had or cared for many tanks over the years, and I saw way too many long term tangs in four feet tanks to say it's bad for the animal. I would never put a 14" blonde naso in a 75g, but a 3" purple tang? Sure!

I personally believe that tank size matters a whole lot less than responsible husbandry. I knew a guy with a 155 bow (6 feet), and he killed fish like he was being paid for it! Tangs included. If I were a tang, I would take a healthy 75 gallon over a "guessworked" six-footer ll day long...

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that you said that shows your age. You do realize that natural disasters, volcanoes to be exact, introduce tens of thousands times more CO2 than every generation has ever introduced right? And to be fair, each older generation is better to some extent. While you think all the previous generations did was cause global warming, they have lived a much longer life than your 16 year old life, which in turn creates more experience. Don’t be like the rest of gen-z and be disrespectful to everybody

And I care because... I am having fun and don't require your permission or exception to do so. People will probably start ganging up on me now for expressing my opinion in an opinion based hobby but that's ok :)
That’s the issue, you can have an opinion, but comments like this are not needed.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why fix a problem that shouldn’t be created to begin with?
Yes most tangs will out grow a 40g, 75g, or even a 100g within a year or so.
I have a 16 month old hippo that was the size of a quarter when I got it and is now nearly 8” long, and I’m debating g about trying to rehome it as my 120 isn’t cutting it.

I’m not a fan of constantly adding or removing fish from an established tank with a set pecking order, there is always a gamble doing so.
read all of the rest of the arguments pro and con - not just your own. what you're saying is just not true. I have 2 yellow tanks in a 130 gallon that have not out grown their tank - so - I guess my anecdote is the same as yours - its also not the physiology reported in the tang literature lol. so - youre tangs must have growth hormone in the water to grow that much in a year

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually being facetious in my response, I did know what you were trying to get across. But in my opinion that response is just as narrow minded as you are claiming people of the baby boomer generation to be. “Ok Boomer” is a easy response to not being able to hold a civil conversation with someone who disagrees from your viewpoint. It also is saying that you think your viewpoint is better then theirs.

Oh and we absolutely should be going to extremes to protect nature and the environment...
Well u r obviously not going to extremes because u r in this hobby. Also when it comes the generation thing it's not just 1 or 2 generations that agree with that phrase.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol

Not sure if you realize, but non-'boomers' also might disagree with some of the controversial statements you are making, as well as your grammar and spelling mistakes.

Thx for that point less correction... I think people knew what I meant

It's pointless, not point less.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can I ask a question... I’m actually nervous, I don’t want to get jumped on. I feel like I’m watching a debate and I’m in the audience and I’m dying to ask... for all those that believe as long as the fish is happy and healthy/oppose the view of the OP... How many of you have a fish in your aquarium that someone with the view of the OP would say it doesn’t belong? I’m just curious. And if you do, have you ever thought it was a mistake or felt guilty about it being in there?
My guess is that the majority of the people saying tang 'a' doesnt belong in a tank has a fish in their own tank that someone else says 'doesnt belong'

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you realize, but non-'boomers' also might disagree with some of the controversial statements you are making, as well as your grammar and spelling mistakes.

It's pointless, not point less.
Ok well I am sry I am typing at the speed of light on my phone. Is this English class or a forum about fish?

lkriley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish stores are much worse...you see the tangs, and other larger fish like groupers in a sectioned off area that is barely even a foot wide.

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well u r obviously not going to extremes because u r in this hobby. Also when it comes the generation thing it's not just 1 or 2 generations that agree with that phrase.
you do realize there is man made rock, and captive bred fish, and aqua-cultured corals right? Nothing in my tank was plucked from the ocean. Yes the genesis of all of our fish are wild but that is so many generation removed it’s like saying we shouldn’t keep a dog because they are wild animals. Now sure I use discretionary energy to run my system that I don’t need to but I tend to think I am pretty environmentally conscious.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well I am sry I am typing at the speed of light on my phone. Is this English class or a forum about fish?

I am pretty sure this is a forum that uses words and syntax to get across meaning. I am enjoying this too much, but it is deterring from the intent of the OP. I will no longer post non-tang related messages on this thread.

One last thing, you guys have to admit that 'point less' thing was pretty funny.

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure this is a forum that uses words and syntax to get across meaning. I am enjoying this too much, but it is deterring from the intent of the OP. I will no longer post non-tang related messages on this thread.

One last thing, you guys have to admit that 'point less' thing was pretty funny.
Good call, I devolved this into something off topic. My apologies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back