• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw to the 50 or so people watching us fight..
Your welcome

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trigger warning..... (not for you but for anyone else) - I think that my fish have personalities - and I think they shoudl be kept in the best manner possible - with good water quality, food, etc. So - don't get me wrong - I do highly value them.

But - lets face it - people eat fish - they even eat the kind of fish in our tanks. Some will bristle at this - example - but I value my dog and cats more than 'the fish tank'. So - I do think there is a bit of a hierarchy. Some on this thread have tried to make the point that people don't value 'life' - but (again my opinion - not forcing it on anyone) - I think that there is a hierarchy.

Before anyone disagrees remember - the frozen live clams you're feeding your fish were 'once alive'. The cleanup crew that needs to be replaced all contained 'living things' that probably ran out of food in the tank (i.e. weren't in a proper environment). Feeder goldfish are 'alive'. etc etc.

You’re the most impressive devil’s advocate on the forum.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am pretty sure this is a forum that uses words and syntax to get across meaning. I am enjoying this too much, but it is deterring from the intent of the OP. I will no longer post non-tang related messages on this thread.

One last thing, you guys have to admit that 'point less' thing was pretty funny.
No clue what this means - probably because I have no brain...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not pointless. If you’re going to insult an entire generation you should at least use proper grammar.
Frankly - I think the boomer / millennial/ Gen X or is it Y or Z doesnt mean much. that said - there is a truth to what he said. This fish thing IMHO is NUTS as compared to other things on this planet - and NUTS as compared to that affecting the ocean and NUTS as to compared to triggers, angels and multiple other fish in the ocean. IMO the rest of you want to pretend you are keeping fish properly - when in fact - the best place for them would be to be left in the ocean.

Its because - of the percent of fish that end up in our tanks that have survived as compared to the number harvested - before any of you tang police respond - think about my point

Noob_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hippo tang in a 40

20191230_171751.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You’re the most impressive devil’s advocate on the forum.
Not sure if thats a compliment or an insult lol believe me some would take it as both lol:). all good

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frankly - I think the boomer / millennial/ Gen X or is it Y or Z doesnt mean much. that said - there is a truth to what he said. This fish thing IMHO is NUTS as compared to other things on this planet - and NUTS as compared to that affecting the ocean and NUTS as to compared to triggers, angels and multiple other fish in the ocean. IMO the rest of you want to pretend you are keeping fish properly - when in fact - the best place for them would be to be left in the ocean.

Its because - of the percent of fish that end up in our tanks that have survived as compared to the number harvested - before any of you tang police respond - think about my point
Yeah the generation thing I said doesn't apply to all boomers but some u have to admit can be a bit annoying and stuff

Bernie King

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s so bad! Then maybe a law should be passed and stockists are not allowed to sell tangs to anyone without the right size tank!
Of course this lead to being cruel full stop for keeping fish in a tank as it’s not natural! Oh might aswell include keeping birds snake hamsters tortoises etc etc .... as keeping creature as pets is cruel and all creatures should be set free to the wilds!!!!
I blame zoos for starting this creature keeping craze!

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol np I am done with school anyway finished ahead so no more winter breaks for me :p
People r pointing out my grammar because they don't want to address the points I am making
I would imagine most are pointing it out in an effort to help you communicate better. As someone else said, it gets in the way of whatever point you are trying to make. Good communication skills (verbal and written) are very important in life.

If I am incorrect about something and it gets pointed out to me then my response is to verify and then thank the person for my improved knowledge. You can take it however you want, but you might consider that people who have lived a bit longer and have varying degrees of success in life might know a few things you could learn and benefit from.

Anyway, regarding the OP's post... it seems like a bit of clickbait to me. The person doesn't actually have a huge number of fish and the tank is a reasonable size - he just has some fish that can get big. It might not be his only tank, they could be there for a reason, he might have upgrade plans or he might leave them in there and they never get much bigger and are perfectly happy. We'll never know!

In my opinion almost none of the fish we keep should be in a tank and would be far better off being left alone in the ocean. Perhaps fish such as Clownfish who do not intentionally go far anyway are not so bad, but it's a selfish pursuit and I am aware of this and do it for my own pleasure and for the challenge. True consideration of their best interests would be not to keep them in the first place. If we decide to do it then we do the best we can for the animals that rely on us but we can never really say we are considering the best interests of the animals that have mostly been taken from the ocean to be put in a relatively small box of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back