Opinions

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Counterargument... I recommend food soaking praziquantel and metronidazole to treat intestinal worms/internal flagellates, and I have personal experience using both medications to treat those issues.

However, when it became apparent that prazi resistant worms were a "thing" I began digging for alternative treatments. Based upon peer reviewed journals (and anecdotal evidence) I discovered that levamisole, flubendazole, fenbendazole could be used in lieu. I am currently experimenting with fenbendazole, but based upon what I had read I was confident in recommending it before I had actually used it myself.

Now, I made it clear to others I was recommending it without real life experience; but I thinking having to put that information in a different "subsection" is going a little overboard. ;) Probably just saying you are recommending something without actual experience is sufficient. :)

Yea I agree with that! Just say what you recommend, but make it clear that you haven't tried it yourself! Nothing wrong with that! Or if you do try something and it didn't work out.....please share that too! [emoji16]
Well said @Humblefish
When I give advice it's always something either I have personally experienced or something that someone I know has experienced. I'll be the first to admit I'm not always right, and when I'm wrong and someone points it out to me I'm thankful that they corrected me and I know the correct answer for future reference. Nobody is right 100% of the time. Were all just trucking along and learning as we go with eachother :)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes not giving the answer at first and let a hobbyist think/work for it to solve a problem him/her self is the best tool of advice.
You can’t do that to all problems but as about 51.43% are common sense questions.

“I want to start a 40 gallon reef tank but I’m afraid the shark will bite my hand while feeding the grouper :D

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes not giving the answer at first and let a hobbyist think/work for it to solve a problem him/her self is the best tool of advice.
You can’t do that to all problems but as about 51.43% are common sense questions.

“I want to start a 40 gallon reef tank but I’m afraid the shark will bite my hand while feeding the grouper :D
Can I hand feed my blue ringed octopus?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Coral Passion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys, this is getting out of hand. The tang police are here to remedy the situation.
bbb69d81a3e0fdfed68f7aa5969e7fe8.jpg

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Public Service Announcement

Blue ring octopus from Australia are deadly.

Please do not try to buy one or handle one.

(No, I have not experienced this personally.)

[emoji6]
How do you know if its deadly if you've never experienced its bite?;Hilarious;Hilarious

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Public Service Announcement

Blue ring octopus from Australia are deadly.

Please do not try to buy one or handle one.

(No, I have not experienced this personally.)

[emoji6]
Really?! I was seriously contemplating getting one for species only tank.... LOL! NOT!! [emoji23]

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny stuff.....While we are on the subject of breaking up threads let do more.
We can start with "tank builds" Let make this into 3 items.
A) People that actually built a tank.
B) People that assembled a system.
C) People that only did interior decorating.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions based on experience are anecdotal, with people often failing to isolate factors and mistaking correlation with causation. I think it is perfectly acceptable to view claims as preposterous without actually having done them yourself if they strain credulity. It is then the obligation of the claimee to provide ‘proof’.

U

User1

View Badges
There is a saying that goes, The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions. Which comes from Saint Bernard of Clairvaux - "L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés ou désirs" (hell is full of good wishes or desires). Or so the interwebz say. But to the point I think most people at least on this forum, heck, on most, have good intent. I think the onus is on the poster asking for help and/or advice and reader to do some additional research and fact finding before action. Forums and the internet are a blessing and a curse in my opinion.

Please note - I hold the right to be incorrect (and usually am).

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an Opinion

Ignore me.

My tank's 99% perfect and 20yrs of built up knowledge I will just keep to myself .......as half of you cant keep a coral nor a fish past 12mos. Keep those LFSs in biz rebuying stuff! Haha Haha Haha Haha

I will just continue to monitor all the pretentious people like half of you on R2R or RC on all your failures

Last edited by a moderator:

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions based on experience are anecdotal, with people often failing to isolate factors and mistaking correlation with causation. I think it is perfectly acceptable to view claims as preposterous without actually having done them yourself if they strain credulity. It is then the obligation of the claimee to provide ‘proof’.

HUh? :)

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignore me.

My tank's 99% perfect and 20yrs of built up knowledge I will just keep to myself .......as half of you cant keep a coral nor a fish past 12mos. Keep those LFSs in biz rebuying stuff! Haha Haha Haha Haha

I will just continue to monitor all the pretentious people like half of you on R2R or RC on all your failures

Show me yours and I will show you mine....
Can you walk your talk?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back