Ordering copperband butterflyfish? Dr. Reef?

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wanting to get a copperband butterflyfish for my 90g tank. My LFS which is normally awesome doesn't want to order it for me as they have a lot of trouble keeping the copperbands alive. I don't have a quarantine tank setup so I need to buy the copperband pre-quarantined. Has anyone ordered one from Dr. Reef or anywhere else and had good luck? Or is there any place in the WI/IL area that would have one pre-quarantined?

hunterallen40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky with my second one (first died in QT). My second one was from an LFS, and has been with me for almost two years. Love that fish.

If I were you, though, I would wait for fishotel to have them again. Subscribe to their news letter and watch for it! I have been nothing short of completely satisfied with the fish I have received from there.

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one from Dr. Reef. In my case it was eating clams on the half shell within a couple of days, and then frozen food (Rod's and LRS) maybe a week after that. Bought the dang thing to eat aiptasia--hasn't touched any of that.

Very happy with the CBB I got from Dr. Reef!

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received mine about one year ago from Dr. Reef, very pleased. He eats everything frozen from the first day, avoids dry food and pellets. Especially fond of red worms. Buy from Dr. Reef with confidence, my personal experience. Glad if it helped you.

Angry German

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one a few weeks ago. Had him in an acclimation box for a week and he would not eat mysis or bloodworms which they recommended to feed. I don't think he liked being in the box although it was fairly large. Finally I tried a a clam that I attached to a rock as seen on some you tube videos and he started eating. He now eats frozen mysis, clams, and even nori. Doing great, I would recommend Dr Reef.

MySonWantedAHamster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll chime in with my experience so far - I got my Copperband from DrReefs about a month ago. I kept him in an acclimation box for two days where he ate a little. After leaving him out he picked at the rocks nonstop, but wasn't eating any of the frozen buffet I was offering up (LRS, Mega Marine, PE Mysis, clams, mussels, krill, etc..). After a couple days I started to get concerned and sent an email to DrReefs. He recommended live black worms. Hustled down to the one LFS that had them. The next day the CBB started eating PE Mysis. It was probably a week+ before he finally settled in and really started going after the mysis at feeding time. Now I see him eating a variety of food although mysis still seems to be the favorite. You know none of my fish would eat any of those live black worms... smh. Got a Flame Angel at the same time; both are looking good.

I would certainly give thumbs up to ordering from Dr Reefs.

hubble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from Dr. Reef before and have an order placed with him now ( Fox face, Convict tang). Have been very pleased and will always get my fish from him.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back