OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised, here is my picture of my tank a few minutes ago with my iPhone. I really need to pay more attention to the tank, change water, cleaning it. It is kinda on autopilot.
320FTS2020012501.jpg

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good...how many nems and how many of each species in total? Nice to have a tank stable enough that you can pack on maintenance for a while!

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the DT I have 4 Gigantea, 1 Haddoni. I have to more one Gigantea and my 1 Magnifica to the Sump. Out of space. I may have to move another of my Gigantea to the sump.
My tank is max out too many fish and too many anemones. the SPS suffer as the result.

My Nitrate is 0 but Phosphate is getting up there .5ppm. I need to get some GFO reactor in there to lower the phosphate but so far I have not done it. Too lazy.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be something in the air. Lol so am I. Cyano in the fuge which moved to the tank. Probably a couple of rounds of chemiclean.
It is not something in the air. In my case it call OVER POPULATION. too many wrasses

Guilty as charged in my case

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive always battled cyano off and on for years. My phosphates is at 0.28 in the tank. It's always been 0.08 or lower in the past. My RODI tds is at 0. Just switched to Aquaforest salt recently, used to use reef crystals. Mixed some Aquaforest salt for a water change after a round of chemi clean. For water change. I tested the new salt water. And it's at 0.24. So mixed up some salt water in a new red solo cup and Aquaforest salt. 0 phosphates. So that means the residue in the mixing tank is the source of my phosphate issue. You get what you pay for. There is a reason for why it is on sale all the time.

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive always battled cyano off and on for years. My phosphates is at 0.28 in the tank. It's always been 0.08 or lower in the past. My RODI tds is at 0. Just switched to Aquaforest salt recently, used to use reef crystals. Mixed some Aquaforest salt for a water change after a round of chemi clean. For water change. I tested the new salt water. And it's at 0.24. So mixed up some salt water in a new red solo cup and Aquaforest salt. 0 phosphates. So that means the residue in the mixing tank is the source of my phosphate issue. You get what you pay for. There is a reason for why it is on sale all the time.
I dont always rely on zero tds being the magic number. I test nitrates and po4 after water to make shue nothing has leached by the ro/di. My po4 out of the tap is high . Check water out of the tap to see your star point . Also there is calibration fluid so you can check the tester to see if it need calibration .

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks usually look better in the winter. Water changes are a pain in the summer here...have to bring in and let the water cool. In the winter I just use a Mag24 and a bunch of tubing to pump from the garage where and Ebo Jager keeps it at temp.

Yours still looks good to me Minh.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read through this build @OrionN a few times. Maybe I’ve replied. Forget. But it’s a great build thread. I really appreciate your love for this hobby as well as your knowledge.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Took this Video this afternoon. I find that it take this much flow to keep them at optimal condition, and happy.

I love how you added so much flow. I feel too many reefers are afraid of adding flow and medium flow to many means a little whisper of air.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got a P. attenuatus, the Diamond Tail Flasher Wrasse. I really love to have this wrasse but the price tag of 500.00 was a bit much. Finally, I was able to ordered one from @NYAquatic. A friend and I each got one, arrived last Friday 2/14/2020.
Both are doing very well in my QT. The larger one, will go to my friend is about 1.5 inch and I got a female at 1 inch. Belwo are pictures of the two wrasse and a video of them in QT system eating Otohime pellets. Both are very full at the end of the day. Now that they are eating pellets aggressively, I as able to set up an automatic feeder feeding them 4 times a day at 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, and 15:00 hrs. I will feed flakes and frozen a about 7:00 and 18:00.
I will keep my friend wrasse for 2 weeks or so before he will pick the fish up.

Larger Wrasse, my friend's wrasse
P attenuatus2020021608L.jpg

Smaller, my wrasse.
P attenuatus2020021610S.jpg

Video of them eating pellets and also in the QT is a Carpenter Flasher Wrasse. You may have to go to YouTube to view the video

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back