OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many lights out there now days lol this looks fairly similar to the chinese black box lights, what is different from them?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many lights out there now days lol this looks fairly similar to the chinese black box lights, what is different from them?
I little better spectrum. Its kinda odd how many folks report some pretty strangely good things that happen. I did for me. Same tank, 20k ,14k mh, Max Razor then SB reef light. The acros were the first to show different better things. And yes It could be total coincidence. Its happened two or three times now for me.

But not real pretty hanging over a tank. Some dont prefer the "blurple" color(380-430nm)

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I little better spectrum. Its kinda odd how many folks report some pretty strangely good things that happen. I did for me. Same tank, 20k ,14k mh, Max Razor then SB reef light. The acros were the first to show different better things. And yes It could be total coincidence. Its happened two or three times now for me.

But not real pretty hanging over a tank. Some dont prefer the "blurple" color(380-430nm)
if its similar in color to teh razor lights then thats a no from me, dont like that spectrum at all.

Seriously man, thanks for all your help and input here. It helps me a ton in this descision.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But i am leaning more towards the LX7. Just hope it provides enough coverage. Not finding it on many tanks so its tough to see what it looks like on a 36" tank as a single unit
Have you read the LX7 thread?

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you read the LX7 thread?
Ive read through some of it yeah, and even posted the question and GHL rep was very quick to reply saying one unit would be fine for a mixed reef and 2 would be needed for sps dominant. I just dont see how that would work though since it is still about a 12" fixture

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive read through some of it yeah, and even posted the question and GHL rep was very quick to reply saying one unit would be fine for a mixed reef and 2 would be needed for sps dominant. I just dont see how that would work though since it is still about a 12" fixture
If you've got a 36" long tank then you would need two units to nail down the spread for LPS or SPS.

I bet one 25" Giesemann Futura would pull it off but that's $1,700.

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've got a 36" long tank then you would need two units to nail down the spread for LPS or SPS.

I bet one 25" Giesemann Futura would pull it off.

Im trying to avoid getting a 2nd unit unless i can pick up a used pair. My goal is to sell my current light for enough to cover the replacement lighting system. Thats what drew me to the atlantik v4 as it is a large enough unit that i would only need 1 over the tank.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to avoid getting a 2nd unit unless i can pick up a used pair. My goal is to sell my current light for enough to cover the replacement lighting system. Thats what drew me to the atlantik v4 as it is a large enough unit that i would only need 1 over the tank.
I don't know if (1) Kessil AP700 could pull off your 36" spread????

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i might order 1 of the Mitras's and a mount. Then after i sell my current light order a second one and a mount if i need to/if i like the mitras.

Or i might be ballsy and take a chance for all of us and order the Atlantik so there is a review out there somewhere that isnt just marketing. If its **** i could save others from making a bad purchase. If its not **** then i get what i want and stay under budget.

Thanks guys, If you have any other reading or threads you know of with people using either of these lighting systems dont hesitate to link me to them so i can read others's experience.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i might order 1 of the Mitras's and a mount. Then after i sell my current light order a second one and a mount if i need to/if i like the mitras.

Or i might be ballsy and take a chance for all of us and order the Atlantik so there is a review out there somewhere that isnt just marketing. If its **** i could save others from making a bad purchase. If its not **** then i get what i want and stay under budget.

Thanks guys, If you have any other reading or threads you know of with people using either of these lighting systems dont hesitate to link me to them so i can read others's experience.
Congrats!!!!!

Gotta follow your gut.
Please review the Mitra's for us. :)

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive made my Choice.

Im gonna go with who ever can get me the light first.

I know the mitras's have been on back order so i posted in their forum section asking for a timeline and Orphek told me between 3 days and 4 weeks cc'd someone on the email that would give me an exact date.

If the mitra's arent on back order anymore then it will be them. If they are and orphek can get me one within a few days ill order through them. I will let fate decide for me lol

(until i change my mind again. Im worse than a typical girl when it comes to making a descision lolol)

Pmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just waited a month for Mitras, but they may have them in stock now, who knows. FYI you can't return the Mitras either, if u buy them direct from GHL.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just talked to GHL USA.
They said they have plenty instock
I just waited a month for Mitras, but they may have them in stock now, who knows. FYI you can't return the Mitras either, if u buy them direct from GHL.
I called GHL USA today and they said that they have plenty in stock.

If you don't mind.
After your month wait. How would you rate the Mitra's?

Pmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just talked to GHL USA.
They said they have plenty instock

I called GHL USA today and they said that they have plenty in stock.

If you don't mind.
After your month wait. How would you rate the Mitra's?

Haven't hooked em up yet unfortunately, hanging kit was missing a part they are sending me (just got them yesterday). I did start programming them and everything seems top notch as you would expect.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back