Orphek Users! What are your settings?

N4sty T4te

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys, I've got 2 v1 Orphek Atlantik's on a 200 Gallon 60x30x24 set at 13" off the water.

I've got mine lowered in intensity because everything was losing color?

Channel 1 - 45% 2 Hour Ramp In and Out 8 Hours full intensity
Channel 2 - 34% 2 Hour Ramp In and Out 5 Hours full Intensity
Channel 3 - 20% 2 Hour Ramp In and Out 8 Hours full intensity
Channel 4 - 15% 1.5 Hour Ramp in and out 1 Hr Full Intensity

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. This is an SPS tank, Growth is looking good... Seeing 3/4" of basing a month on Frags, and 1/2" a month on colonies...

Some of the stuff is noticeable in growth from one day to the next. With the lower settings coral seems to be maintaining color much better than when I had everything at 60-85%... idk thoughts?

brad65ford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Brad, (nice name BTW ;-) ) There is much success from other users with that same fixture. Currently i'm running a V3, I've changed my lighting around probablly to much and often. Most lower light sps's seem like like 200-250 par from these Orphek's other higher light sps's I haven't been able to really blast do to other coral placement. Your height seems good you can even go higher too. Keep us posted on your adventure with these fixtures.!

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just placed an order for Orphek compact V3 plus to be delivered next week for my 60 cube!
Can't wait.

brad65ford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not because i didn't like T5, had issues with the Matrixx so switched back to Orphek's for now. May continue to run them., having an issue with one of the fixtures loosing memory or schdeule time which doesn't make sense. No matter what i do one just stays at what ever percentage in time when uploading program. Really sucks and was one of the reason i was ok with trying something else.

Naka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep in mind all of the LEDs in their fixtures are dual chip, so that means each individual "light" has two led colors in it so that is maybe where you are seeing different "strains of color". As for the white intensity, I am going to put some faith in the preloaded intensities as I try and dial in my program. Many of the preloaded programs don't run the white channel (channel 1) on 100%. Orphek put many hours of R&D into these fixtures as have many reef lighting manufacturers. They have been able to test their spectrums with equipment that is not available to us the consumer. In that vain I don't believe that the pre sets are just randomly made up. I am interested to see what our LUX readings are like. It might be time to purchase one $15 on amazon may be money well spent... just a thought.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got an email that I can get the new V4 + compact upgrade for no extra cost and I got a discount on the V3 compact + all ready if willing to wait a few weeks . So I'm waiting!

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received this beast. Had no idea of the actual dimensions. The led's are huge .
Now have to find some time to set up over the 60 Cadlights which is currently cycling.

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two V2 pendants. My blues are somewhere around 75%, and I have all my other channels around 40% but I haven't checked with a par meter and have not added any corals yet. It's just a visually pleasing emphasis on blue.

I ramp up the blue over a couple of hours and start ramping the other channels over a couple of hours after the blue. I run a 12 hour lighting schedule.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two V2 pendants. My blues are somewhere around 75%, and I have all my other channels around 40% but I haven't checked with a par meter and have not added any corals yet. It's just a visually pleasing emphasis on blue.
Thanks
Have not had time to set up the Wifi yet. I just turned it on was nearly blinded!

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look closely you will note the acrylic cover plate says V3 but was told that it actually is the V4. Don't think that it would have matter much to me anyway.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back