Our Cade Reef 1500 S2

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading to our first large tank. While we are working on getting the tank set up we built the aquascape. The board it is sitting on marked with blue painters tape is dimensions minus 3” boarder. It is constructed of dry rock. Question- What should I do to prep the rock while I get the tank set up? My current tank has a vermitid snail infestation that I don’t want to transfer to the new tank.
1CFB4409-3A75-4ABD-96A6-88B78A48145F.jpeg

E0F96161-627D-40CA-9DD4-292BD9A10393.jpeg

OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly but surely. Have to troubleshoot one tiny drip on the downpipe. Need to “arrange” the aquascape.
8BDA77CF-78B9-4353-8EF7-2BB4BD17C6F7.jpeg

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank. I just recently took delivery of a Cade 1800. Can't wait to get it in position and get her running.

Will be following along to see how this turns out.
With the vermetids, as long as you're not transferring the rockwork you should be okay. Just carefully inspect your corals you're moving over and be sure to crush and clean any that you see on the skeletons etc.

Good luck !

OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for fish a couple fish from Dr. Reef so let’s do cable management and install the Hydros X.
B53BCD06-11BE-4A42-9D64-2E63F9424615.jpeg
0B936188-B5C3-4208-A9BF-2C2FD5C230B3.jpeg

OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We added a beautiful BTA from Coral Corral in Tampa. Thought to add it now and let it find its spot before it takes out coral getting comfy
615D1BCE-83D1-4AF2-9676-43B06B3FB6EB.jpeg
40F7A914-6135-40D8-8056-59D2FC57A572.jpeg

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank. I just recently took delivery of a Cade 1800. Can't wait to get it in position and get her running.

Will be following along to see how this turns out.
With the vermetids, as long as you're not transferring the rockwork you should be okay. Just carefully inspect your corals you're moving over and be sure to crush and clean any that you see on the skeletons etc.

Good luck !
You get your 1800 up? I originally ordered the 1500 and then called them back and changed to the 1800. I’m watching all these 1500 and 1800 threads to see how you guys do it.

OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get your 1800 up? I originally ordered the 1500 and then called them back and changed to the 1800. I’m watching all these 1500 and 1800 threads to see how you guys do it.
If got the 1500. If you are going to move it get some vacuum glass movers. They really made it easier. Got some on Amazon

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. Still working under the house to support it properly. Had a slight set back last week as I ran out of concrete bags (and motivation). Got some more last night so will be back under there tomorrow. Once that's done it's onto the easier job of cutting the piers to fit and probably bolting them down.

If got the 1500. If you are going to move it get some vacuum glass movers. They really made it easier. Got some on Amazon
Been considering doing this actually. My tank's still in the garage packed up. Whilst I'm pretty sure I can get the whole thing into the house okay I'm just not sure how easy/ hard it'll be to lift it onto the stand.

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. Still working under the house to support it properly. Had a slight set back last week as I ran out of concrete bags (and motivation). Got some more last night so will be back under there tomorrow. Once that's done it's onto the easier job of cutting the piers to fit and probably bolting them down.

Been considering doing this actually. My tank's still in the garage packed up. Whilst I'm pretty sure I can get the whole thing into the house okay I'm just not sure how easy/ hard it'll be to lift it onto the stand.
Algae Barn apparently has some suction devices too. Customer support says you can purchase them and then return them for a 25% “restocking fee”. . I guess that’s not bad depending on the cost, but I haven’t check the prices and term “restocking fee” is a bit irksome for whatever reason. I’ll check Amazon. I do think with the 1800 they will be an asset. I’ve moved some 180 gallon tanks in the past without that and just 2 people, but not 3/4 “ glass ones! I’m thinking 4 dudes and maybe 4 suction cup things.

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae Barn apparently has some suction devices too. Customer support says you can purchase them and then return them for a 25% “restocking fee”. . I guess that’s not bad depending on the cost, but I haven’t check the prices and term “restocking fee” is a bit irksome for whatever reason. I’ll check Amazon. I do think with the 1800 they will be an asset. I’ve moved some 180 gallon tanks in the past without that and just 2 people, but not 3/4 “ glass ones! I’m thinking 4 dudes and maybe 4 suction cup things.

Yeah not sure how I'm going to go with that one yet. There's no algae barn in Aus, I haven't enquired at local fish stores but I think they'd want something for it. Amazon have them for like $100 for 2. Kinda don't wanna buy two sets but dont mind so much if I have to buy one set. See how we go!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking build, the Cade tanks are just beautiful! We have a 1200 and love it more and more every day! Thanks for bringing us along..

You satisfied with the plumbing? I have custom plumbed the one we have and replaced the sump to take up the full cabinet - Triton style..

OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking build, the Cade tanks are just beautiful! We have a 1200 and love it more and more every day! Thanks for bringing us along..

You satisfied with the plumbing? I have custom plumbed the one we have and replaced the sump to take up the full cabinet - Triton style..
Thank you. I have to work on the refugium section and get that squared away. The plumbing has been good, after I sealed a leak at the bulkhead feeding the main sump down pipe. I had inspiration from your “command & control center” and put an old iPad we had on the inside of the door on the dry side and loaded all the Apps and web interface for the the ReeFi Lab lights on it.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I have to work on the refugium section and get that squared away. The plumbing has been good, after I sealed a leak at the bulkhead feeding the main sump down pipe. I had inspiration from your “command & control center” and put an old iPad we had on the inside of the door on the dry side and loaded all the Apps and web interface for the the ReeFi Lab lights on it.
Yeah, I had to change both my main and emergency drain because of leaks! Managed to get new SANKIN bulkheads home all the way from Australia; so far it's all running well! :)

I do love the Cade tanks, but the shiny doors are starting to annoy me so I am gonna wrap mine in a marble style look soon!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 125 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back