OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 3 ReeFi LED Uno 2.0 Pro Lights are up. Cranked way down. I will take some PAR measurements this weekend.
172B0B12-D389-4515-91DB-7635CDA4F157.jpeg

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 3 ReeFi LED Uno 2.0 Pro Lights are up. Cranked way down. I will take some PAR measurements this weekend.
172B0B12-D389-4515-91DB-7635CDA4F157.jpeg

Nice aquascape. I'm about to order rocks too but not sure how much I should get. How many pounds of rock did you get or have in the tank now?

OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice aquascape. I'm about to order rocks too but not sure how much I should get. How many pounds of rock did you get or have in the tank now?
I got the rock and sand when I ordered the aquarium from Algae Barn Starter Kit. They included the 160-180 gallon kit. I used about 2/3 of the total rock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some nice lights for your tank!
I have been really impressed with build quality and customer service from ReeFi-Labs. Price was what got my attention. I am NOT an experienced reefer, but I do work in industrial tech so I have some familiarity with manufacturing. The ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro lights are well made

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build Kevin! I am trying to figure out alot of things about the Cade 1500 I just ordered from Algae Barn.
I'm all over the place on lights and seeing your ReeFi lights added another layer to my indecisions...lol. Are you still happy with their performance now after four + months of use?
From the pics it looks like you used the ClariSea SK5000. Have you been happy with it? I've heard that when you replace the pad it sometimes causes the skimmer to go haywire for a bit...have you seen this (if you run a skimmer)

Is there anything in your build (so far) that you wish you'd done differently? (Component-wise)

I am appreciative of following in the footsteps of you experienced reefers as I start this journey!

OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build Kevin! I am trying to figure out alot of things about the Cade 1500 I just ordered from Algae Barn.
I'm all over the place on lights and seeing your ReeFi lights added another layer to my indecisions...lol. Are you still happy with their performance now after four + months of use?
From the pics it looks like you used the ClariSea SK5000. Have you been happy with it? I've heard that when you replace the pad it sometimes causes the skimmer to go haywire for a bit...have you seen this (if you run a skimmer)

Is there anything in your build (so far) that you wish you'd done differently? (Component-wise)

I am appreciative of following in the footsteps of you experienced reefers as I start this journey!
I want to ensure you don’t put me in the “experienced reefer category. I had a 25g for 18 months prior to the Cade

Ireally like the Reefi lights. Way more par than I need at this time. I measured using a Parwise meter and had over 230 par at the top of my aquascape running the default SPS program at 50%. I have had no issues with them and I like the interface.

I haven’t had to change the roll on the ClariSea yet. Barely 50% through. I also run a Octo Essence protein skimmer. I had to put it on a platform to get the depth correct and took about 2 weeks to break in. IMG_8795.jpeg
My bioload is middle of the road- 4”+ Gem Tang, 2”+Powder Blue Tang, 2 clowns, yellow diamond goby, Royal Gramma, Bangaii cardinal and a small flasher wrasse. My NO4 is steady .12-17 & PO3 .02-.05 for the last 2 months. No nuisance algae and corraline algae really spreading in the last 2 weeks. (I used “dry rock”).

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I have to work on the refugium section and get that squared away. The plumbing has been good, after I sealed a leak at the bulkhead feeding the main sump down pipe. I had inspiration from your “command & control center” and put an old iPad we had on the inside of the door on the dry side and loaded all the Apps and web interface for the the ReeFi Lab lights on it.
Kevin, what pumps are you using on your cade?

OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin, what pumps are you using on your cade?
We have all Sicce wave makers and return pump. We use a Hydros controller and they can be run and programmed through that app as well as the Sicce app. No experience with any other brand so I can’t provide any comparison. Like the fact I can “aim” them.

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have all Sicce wave makers and return pump. We use a Hydros controller and they can be run and programmed through that app as well as the Sicce app. No experience with any other brand so I can’t provide any comparison. Like the fact I can “aim” them.
Thanks for the answers...which return pump are you using? I know you said Sicce, but which particular one? like the Sicce, but also liking the Eco Tech's (not liking their prices though...lol). I definitely want to do it right the first time!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the answers...which return pump are you using? I know you said Sicce, but which particular one? like the Sicce, but also liking the Eco Tech's (not liking their prices though...lol). I definitely want to do it right the first time!
Using the Syncra SDC 6.0 running it @67%. I’ve never measured my gph/lph turnover

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to ensure you don’t put me in the “experienced reefer category. I had a 25g for 18 months prior to the Cade

Ireally like the Reefi lights. Way more par than I need at this time. I measured using a Parwise meter and had over 230 par at the top of my aquascape running the default SPS program at 50%. I have had no issues with them and I like the interface.

I haven’t had to change the roll on the ClariSea yet. Barely 50% through. I also run a Octo Essence protein skimmer. I had to put it on a platform to get the depth correct and took about 2 weeks to break in. IMG_8795.jpeg
My bioload is middle of the road- 4”+ Gem Tang, 2”+Powder Blue Tang, 2 clowns, yellow diamond goby, Royal Gramma, Bangaii cardinal and a small flasher wrasse. My NO4 is steady .12-17 & PO3 .02-.05 for the last 2 months. No nuisance algae and corraline algae really spreading in the last 2 weeks. (I used “dry rock”).
"Looking good Billy Ray!" to quote one of my fave 80's films....

OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Kevin that helps! Since I'm being a P.I.T.A. can you tell me which wave pumps (and how many) you are using? I assume you are happy with them...
Sicce Syncra SDC
XSTREAM-SDC-PUMP-AND-CONTROLLER-1000x1000__99714.jpg
XStream SDC WIFI Wave Pump (2250 gph) - Sicce
1​
No worries about the questions. I can’t wait to follow along on your build

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce Syncra SDC
XSTREAM-SDC-PUMP-AND-CONTROLLER-1000x1000__99714.jpg
XStream SDC WIFI Wave Pump (2250 gph) - Sicce
1​
No worries about the questions. I can’t wait to follow along on your build
Kevin, I just received my tank and stand today and I'm wondering if you had any problems with the light coming out from around your doors? I un-crated the stand and as I am looking at the doors (standing back from a distance) when they are closed I can see light coming from around them from to the outside of the left and right doors (not from the center door). That makes me nervous for a refugeum light shining around the doors when they are closed. That would be 100% unacceptable! I'm sure I can fix it, but I'm wondering if something was left off of this build from the factory. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin, I just received my tank and stand today and I'm wondering if you had any problems with the light coming out from around your doors? I un-crated the stand and as I am looking at the doors (standing back from a distance) when they are closed I can see light coming from around them from to the outside of the left and right doors (not from the center door). That makes me nervous for a refugeum light shining around the doors when they are closed. That would be 100% unacceptable! I'm sure I can fix it, but I'm wondering if something was left off of this build from the factory. Thanks in advance for the answer.
Yes, you’ll be able to see some light come through unless you take some measures. I like it, but mine is not in a place let a bedroom where it might bother me.

Bacon and Eggs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1709777890869.jpeg

OP
OP
Kevinmj70

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can adjust the door positions with the sliding hinges at the top and bottom of each door. It may take a little trial and error but I have no light bleed from the doors with my refugium.

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can adjust the door positions with the sliding hinges at the top and bottom of each door. It may take a little trial and error but I have no light bleed from the doors with my refugium.
Oh sweet! Thanks Kevin.... I figured there must be a way around this or people would be losing their minds!

Question. Do your magnets hold the doors firmly closed or do they pretty easily swing open? I'm wondering if you can add a stronger magnet or there's a way to make it a little less easy to open…
Thanks again for the help

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back