Overflow help

ziggy2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning my 93 gallon glass cube build. I would like to keep the overflow on the outside of the back of the tank. Anyone have any ideas? Ghost or bean animal, which might work better? I would love to see drawings or pictures. Thanks.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ghost Overflow is the original name of the design, which was sold with Reef Savvy tanks and was built by Synergy Reef. Synergy now builds their own design and the redesigned Ghost is available from Reef Savvy. There are other manufacturers that have similar designs.

The Bean Animal is not an overflow box, but a drain design that incorporates three separate drains and it can be set up in the outside box of the Synergy Reef & Shadow, Reef Savvy Ghost and other boxes. Those overflows all come with three holes for the Bean Animal drain design. Eshopps does make a box (Eclipse, I think) with two or three drain set ups.

OP
OP
ziggy2

ziggy2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ghost Overflow is the original name of the design, which was sold with Reef Savvy tanks and was built by Synergy Reef. Synergy now builds their own design and the redesigned Ghost is available from Reef Savvy. There are other manufacturers that have similar designs.

The Bean Animal is not an overflow box, but a drain design that incorporates three separate drains and it can be set up in the outside box of the Synergy Reef & Shadow, Reef Savvy Ghost and other boxes. Those overflows all come with three holes for the Bean Animal drain design. Eshopps does make a box (Eclipse, I think) with two or three drain set ups.
Is this something I could build myself?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this something I could build myself?
I don't know about your skills with working with acrylic, but i don't recall seeing anyone actually building a Ghost style for themselves. This is a diagram of Synergy's box ...

Synergy-Reef-Overflow-20-inch-Diagram-for-instructions-e1442514166620.jpg

You can build a Coast to Coast overflow inside of your tank. Looks like this one on the Bean Animal site...

http://www.beananimal.com/projects/silent-and-fail-safe-aquarium-overflow-system.aspx

OP
OP
ziggy2

ziggy2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would work well. (glass holes) because I want to put a bulkhead on each side of the overflow for returns. I might try to build one of those.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eshopps does make a box (Eclipse, I think) with two or three drain set ups.
Here's a picture of my Eshopps Eclipse overflow box on my 90 before I filled it. Hope this helps with your decision. Happy New Year!
IMG_0637.JPG

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an eshops on a 30 rimless cube. One word of warning - it is much louder than an internal coast to coast setup as a bean animal.

My tanks with DIY coast to coast bean animals are absolutely dead silent most of the time.

OP
OP
ziggy2

ziggy2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an eshops on a 30 rimless cube. One word of warning - it is much louder than an internal coast to coast setup as a bean animal.

My tanks with DIY coast to coast bean animals are absolutely dead silent most of the time.

Where you put the returns with a coast to coast?

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By coast to coast I actually mean almost coast to coast. I don’t go all the way to the edge. I leave a couple inches on one side and drill the hole for the return there.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back