overflow water level fluctuating in 3yr old 525

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 mornings ago I woke up to the sound of gurgling and my overflow very low around 8am. I haven’t touched the stock valve in a couple years. Stumped, I tuned the valve and
cleaned the overflow teeth thinking the little pieces of algae was the issue but the display waterline never changed. Once overflow was tuned again, everything seemed great, went about my day. Called it a night around 1am and checked the overflow…
Woke up to let the dog out at 7:30 and once again the overflow bottomed out with gurgling.

anyone got any ideas as to what’s causing the overflow waterline to fluctuate so bad?

Thanks for the help!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 mornings ago I woke up to the sound of gurgling and my overflow very low around 8am. I haven’t touched the stock valve in a couple years. Stumped, I tuned the valve and
cleaned the overflow teeth thinking the little pieces of algae was the issue but the display waterline never changed. Once overflow was tuned again, everything seemed great, went about my day. Called it a night around 1am and checked the overflow…
Woke up to let the dog out at 7:30 and once again the overflow bottomed out with gurgling.

anyone got any ideas as to what’s causing the overflow waterline to fluctuate so bad?

Thanks for the help!
I had an issue with a DC pump controller that caused this scenario at one time.

Something to check.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do have a Sicce DC return pump, good suggestion, I do need to maintenance it.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see. I usually maintenance my return pump once every 6-8 months… it’s due for another cleaning. Hopefully it solves the issue but then again hopefully not because to me, that would be a sign of a failing pump.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back