p0st h0me reef (dutch)

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

So, after a year of learning and trying, I'm finally confident enough to share my tank on R2R :)
In July last year I started my current tank, with live rock and natural seawater. Currently I'm using a mixture of the Balling Classic method with added trace elements and a 15% water change each month. For now this gives me a optimal mixture between stability and replenishing the water regularly. For technique, I'm using the following equipment:

Tank: 138cm x 64cm x 50cm see-through tank (approx. 450L incl. sump)
Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455 skimmer
Pumps:
Jebao DCT-8000 (8.000 L/h) return and 2x Jebao RW-15 (15.000 L/h)
Lighting:
2x54W ATI T5 | 2x Maxspect Razor 120W 10.000K | 2x54W ATI T5

I try to keep a mixed reef, whereas I really like LPS corals for their ever-changing appearance, but I'm also fond of special acropora and other SPS species with their brilliant coloring.

I'll post a picture and video of my tank below in this first post, if you have any questions or useful tips please feel free to comment! I'll try to update this thread regularly with pictures and developments.

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks alot for your replies! About my sump; it's not that big and divided in two chambers. First part contains both a powerfilter and my skimmer, so the dirty water gets filtered before entering the second chamber. In the second chamber I have a small reactor with active carbon (usually Seachem Seagel or Korallenzucht Carbon) and a UV unit of 36W, both are running 24/7. Also I use an external chiller to keep temperature between 24 and 26 degrees. And of course the return pump to get the water back in the tank!

A picture below.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, that encrusting Monitpora is very unique looking.

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gents! And yes the monti is a piece I bought from a fellow reefer, it's yellowish green which I had never seen before in other tanks. It's growing edges are blue-ish, so yeah definitely a keeper :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@p0st you had me at DUTCH! Beautiful reef my friend! Welcome to R2R!

Gansett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

So, after a year of learning and trying, I'm finally confident enough to share my tank on R2R :)
In July last year I started my current tank, with live rock and natural seawater. Currently I'm using a mixture of the Balling Classic method with added trace elements and a 15% water change each month. For now this gives me a optimal mixture between stability and replenishing the water regularly. For technique, I'm using the following equipment:

Tank: 138cm x 64cm x 50cm see-through tank (approx. 450L incl. sump)
Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455 skimmer
Pumps: Jebao DCT-8000 (8.000 L/h) return and 2x Jebao RW-15 (15.000 L/h)
Lighting: 2x54W ATI T5 | 2x Maxspect Razor 120W 10.000K | 2x54W ATI T5

I try to keep a mixed reef, whereas I really like LPS corals for their ever-changing appearance, but I'm also fond of special acropora and other SPS species with their brilliant coloring.

I'll post a picture and video of my tank below in this first post, if you have any questions or useful tips please feel free to comment! I'll try to update this thread regularly with pictures and developments.

Beautifully sparse.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a Dutch tank?!?

OP
OP
p0st

p0st

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, dan voor Nederlandse begrippen dat is a prachtig aquarium.
Een warm welkom hier op R2R.
En waar in Nederland kunnen we dit zout water aquarium vinden?

Thank you very much, although there are a lot more beautiful tanks in The Netherlands which I look up to!
At first I though that fragging was a typical Dutch thing (since we're known as stingy people haha) but it seems it's really a thing, even abroad.
I'm located in a small village in the center of Holland at the moment, near a city called Arnhem (or a 1 hour drive from Amsterdam haha)

Downbeach

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much, although there are a lot more beautiful tanks in The Netherlands which I look up to!
At first I though that fragging was a typical Dutch thing (since we're known as stingy people haha) but it seems it's really a thing, even abroad.
I'm located in a small village in the center of Holland at the moment, near a city called Arnhem (or a 1 hour drive from Amsterdam haha)

Arnhem is a beautiful city, I passed through it, while on leave, on my way back to my post in Bavaria(around '66). It should be well known, especially since the film, "A Bridge Too Far" was made in the '70's. Somewhere along the line during that trip, I aquired a taste for Witbieren.

MiguelCS71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P0st, simply gorgeous! You truly did an awesome job on the whole setup. Lovin the center tank tunnel behind that green goni. I see you have clowns too. In the video I see one on the right in what looks like a thick grassy kinda coral. Lovin the way it covers the rockwork. Great color contrasts between the fish and corals. Beautiful school of chromis You've also got some beautiful zoa colonies starting up. Very very nice tank p0st!!! Whatever you are doing is working wonders. Keep up the awesome reefing job!!!.....and please keep us updated!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah........ Arnhem.
Been there many times and I was dating a Nurse from Arnhem one time but that was a battle on it's own and I didn't want repeat what happened in 1944 so I told her that we need more sugar to bake her birthday cake................. guess................ I still have to come back with the sugar 30 years later :p

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back