Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pancho beautiful thing about mastic is once cbb is pecking it you can start putting in a bit of frozen (thawed) mysis and brine etc. to get him eating that from water column. Mine loved it and he ate from my hand pecking at cube in hand as it defrosted after cpl weeks of additions. Your mileage may vary :)

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pancho beautiful thing about mastic is once cbb is pecking it you can start putting in a bit of frozen (thawed) mysis and brine etc. to get him eating that from water column. Mine loved it and he ate from my hand pecking at cube in hand as it defrosted after cpl weeks of additions. Your mileage may vary :)
Thanks my friend, I am ordering the Masstick, the CCB seems very healthy but the white worms are taking longer time than expected and I’m getting anxious. ;Blackeye

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Masstick is on the way, the CBB Is gaining weight but not yet eating my food

In the other hand, I got a bad stye in my left eye and developed a cyst. The ophthalmologist had to do a small and quick surgery to remove it. I look like a fish with a popped eye.
3143B205-8728-45BE-9546-307EB8EE1386.jpeg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your tank? Any news from your pump?
Thanks for asking, Pancho

Still trying to stable out the reef's phosphates and nitrates, but all corals and fish are doing good.

Got the Pax Bellum N18 algae reactor and plumbing parts, but it's going to be some time before firing it up. The S-400's sump is too small for a fuge and did not want to go with a hang-on.

Been updating my RO/DI setup.

Shipping the pump to CoralVue this week.

Is your eye on the mend?

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
76C395E4-EF60-44F0-B118-67E69AA78A0D.jpeg

Thanks for asking, Pancho

Still trying to stable out the reef's phosphates and nitrates, but all corals and fish are doing good.

Got the Pax Bellum N18 algae reactor and plumbing parts, but it's going to be some time before firing it up. The S-400's sump is too small for a fuge and did not want to go with a hang-on.

Been updating my RO/DI setup.

Shipping the pump to CoralVue this week.

Is your eye on the mend?
That is a good upgrade Freddie, you got to post some pics when you finish the set up from the algae reactor and the RO/DI extension update.

My eye is ok now, the anestesia made my eyelid to swollen (and hurts like hell) but this morning when I woke up it is back to its normal size. ;Blackeye It only hurts if I touch my eyelid and I feel lile if I had dirt in my eye from time to time, the Dr. said it would take 6 days to be at 100%.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey my friend how’s the eye healing up? Raege hugs to heal quick
Hello Ray, my eye is almost normal now. I did not have an eye swollen since college. LOL

The Dr. said I would be at 100% within this week.

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Complicated Day.

Day 2 with Masstick and the CBB just passes by without paying any attention to eat. Today I expend an hour in front of the glass making sure the other fish do not eat it. I fed them clam first to reduce their appetite but the CBB passed 5 times at least without eating it. ;Bored

Also the CBB has developed some with dots in her fins, it doesn’t seem to be bothered. He swims normally keeps picking everywhere and it is getting fat. I may be trying too hard.

To make matters worst my Apex lost connection to Fusion and I cannot reconnect it. I reset the Apex, re-installed Fusion but nothing. I have heard users have been having issues with the latest update from Neptune. I opened a ticket with Neptune, I can only wait now. ;Oldman

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune was quick to replay and I got an alternative way to reconnect my Apex to Fusion so my system is up again.

The CBB continues to ignore the Masstick even in the rocks. So far Masstick has been a feast for all the other fish. He is getting fatter eating microfauna. So I will re-start seeding pods in my refugium.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas Pancho.
How is the CBB doing?
Merry Christmas my friend. It has been a rough semester. While my moving arrived from TN, my skimmer overflowed generating an spike in NO3, lost my torches and the CBB. I am now trying again.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas my friend. It has been a rough semester. While my moving arrived from TN, my skimmer overflowed generating an spike in NO3, lost my torches and the CBB. I am now trying again.
Merry Christmas Poncho

Sorry for those losses.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back