Par meter may have saved the day.

That presentation was absolutely excellent.

I watched it many times as there’s a lot to absorb.
I rented a PAR meter right after watching, yup, very very over lit, had to reduce PAR everywhere by half.

I have employed all those ideas in your presentation and can’t be happier.

Thank you @Dana Riddle for a great piece of work.
Thanks you for the compliment. It's been 4 years since I moved back to Georgia. How time flies, but the lab construction is done, and corals are successfully growing in the reef tank. I would have never believed it would take as long as it has to get to the point where I can finally start research again.
 
@tjcmtnbiker did you just use the white and black wires and cap the ground (clear)? I also wanted to ask if you took the blue cap off but looks like you have.
 
@tjcmtnbiker did you just use the white and black wires and cap the ground (clear)? I also wanted to ask if you took the blue cap off but looks like you have.
Yes, I removed the hard plastic cap from the sensor and connected white and black wires to the multi meter leads with the clear wire to nothing.
 
So am I right to assume that BRS isnt renting them out anymore? May have to go the 120/multimeter route then...
 
I saw that Dana Riddle talk and I'd have to agree, 200 PAR is all that is needed most of the time.

tenuis for me did not see proper coloring and growth until 350+ Par, I consider them the exception to the lower PAR, other sticks are growing fine in the 220+ range
 
Yes, I removed the hard plastic cap from the sensor and connected white and black wires to the multi meter leads with the clear wire to nothing.
After discussing with the company, turns out I had the wrong setting. Need to have the multi meter set on 200 mV, not 200 mA as mentioned at the beginning of this thread... So works great for a much cheaper par meter option!
 
After discussing with the company, turns out I had the wrong setting. Need to have the multi meter set on 200 mV, not 200 mA as mentioned at the beginning of this thread... So works great for a much cheaper par meter option!
Easy fix.. Not sure How that was missed..
Most sensor designs involve converting the orig. signal to volts.
 
This is a great thread. I was looking at doing the sq-120 connected to a multimeter hack. It was mentioned to take the blue cap off the sensor. I want to confirm it's OK to put the sensor in water without the cap.
 
Yes it is. You can check the specs on their site
This is a great thread. I was looking at doing the sq-120 connected to a multimeter hack. It was mentioned to take the blue cap off the sensor. I want to confirm it's OK to put the sensor in water without the cap.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new