Parsec's 300 Gallon

Parsec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started a two years ago with a Red Sea Reefer 250. 60 gallon. I will include a few photographs of that too. Very quickly realized we wanted more room to play with and we had begun too small. There were things we wanted to do and colonies we wanted to grow out and by that time the bug had bitten us. So the current build is a 300 gallon Marineland Deep dimension. Lighting is run at 20k, so less white light and at 100% after a long ramp up. I also run a 20 gallon frag tank hooked up the same system for growing interesting or higher end things.
This first one is the 60 gallon.
The next few are the progression of the current 300 gallon, then the 20 gallon frag system.

60.jpg

300initial.jpg

300cap.jpg

300full.jpg

frag.jpg

300wide.jpg

fragclose.jpg

OP
OP
P

Parsec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! The most fun has been seeing little tiny frags we bought for the 60 gallon grow up. And really since the upgrade to the 300, more light and better dosing they are exploding.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are standard planaria (red flatworms), NOT the AEFW. They are harmless to corals. Just an eye sore. You can get rid of them by first vacuuming out as many as possible, then use flat worm exit for the whole tank. You will need to run carbon after treating though.
Some fish will eat them as well, but often not enough to get rid of them.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back