Past Nano Reefs

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another build thread here for a new tank I’m setting up but I felt like reminiscing on some of my old nano tanks. Albeit the first one probably isn’t considered nano.

C83D1FB3-3E89-4784-8BCA-BE1FE5920E86.jpeg

This was my deep blue 45g peninsula which was my second tank ever. This picture was taken towards the end of its life as things got out of hand with it. Mainly an LPS reef with a few SPS pieces. If you look closely you can see my Venustus Angel which was killed by my Purple Tang

8D049FB6-5468-4539-A762-62264977E461.jpeg

The 45g eventually became the Nuvo 20 which I was never really fond of. This tank didn’t last very long and I eventually took a temporary leave from the hobby. Things started picking up with school and I didn’t have the time for a reef.

E4D9898A-F9A9-4B4E-8043-D63D5DE55DBD.jpeg

next up was my custom Miracles tank which was about 40 gallons. This tank was killer. An LPS/Softie tank that was thriving. I loved this tank. Shortly after everything began quickly growing, the unthinkable happened. The tank started leaking and water ended up in my kitchen downstairs. Luckily it was a small leak so only a few gallons of water got out but no livestock was harmed. This also housed my Colin’s Angel which I could never get to eat. I tried at least 15 different foods to no avail. Probably a fish that should stay in the Ocean

0869FC92-8E9D-49E9-BE4F-9C54F297D471.jpeg

After the 40 leaked I rushed everything that would fit into this little 10 gallon Nuvo and boy did it thrive. This was another tank I really enjoyed. The zoas and blastos were growing like crazy. Tough to see but I had 3 or 4 different blastos in there. Some of the zoas I would love to get back but I’m not sure whereI sold them. Eventually a coral was added that had a trace amount of mystery algae that began to overtake the tank. The algae had destroyed the tanks of a few people I knew and it was quite literally impossible to get rid of. I sold much of the zoas and blastos early but many of the mushrooms didn’t make it.

So now this brings me to my 7.4g tank (separate thread). Hoping to have everything I need in the coming weeks. The plan is to take a stab at a simple SPS tank but we will see what happens. I very much enjoy Zoas and LPS.

Back