Peaceful Nano Fish

kaylajoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to start stocking and need something that will fit in a 15 gallon cube and will leave feather dusters and other inverts alone.

So far a tailspot blenny seems to meet the criteria. Any other options? Also like clown gobies, but I've read they can be nippy with corals in small tanks.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for something that will fit in a 15 gallon cube and will leave feather dusters and othe inverts alone.

So far a tailspot blenny seems to meet the criteria. Any other options?
I was just talking about Tailspot Blennies and I think that is an awesome choice! I have always really liked the pistol shrimp and goby pair, that is a super fun symbiotic relationship to have and watch in a nano tank

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think the blenny and a firefish will do incredibly well, you just need a top to the tank with those 2 .you will probably be limited to 2 fish total in the small tank

Fishpro7897

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the firefish but from what I've hurd you can only have one or else the will kill each other.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trimma gobies would look nice in such a small tank.
Also another vote for a firefish, love mine and totally don’t need a pair, one is pretty enough for sure.

M Stein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the firefish but from what I've hurd you can only have one or else the will kill each other.
I have two and their fine. The guy at my lfs said that they'll be okay if you put them in together.

M Stein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you will probably be limited to 2 fish total in the small tank
Not really. Until yesterday in my 15 gal, I had a Yellow tang with four other small fish (2 firefish, filefish, ruby red dragonet). I don't recommend going too far, but you can definitely do more than two (A yellow tang is only too far because it's too big. I didn't have any nitrate issues).

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see the probably, best to aim for 2 or maybe 3 fish and see how parameters are going than to plan for 4-5 fish in a small tank.
yes I overstock my tanks too but would i recommend overstocking for a planned stocking of a fish tank, absolutely not.

OP
OP
kaylajoy

kaylajoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really. Until yesterday in my 15 gal, I had a Yellow tang with four other small fish (2 firefish, filefish, ruby red dragonet). I don't recommend going too far, but you can definitely do more than two (A yellow tang is only too far because it's too big. I didn't have any nitrate issues).
I thought you were trolling with the yellow tang haha.

To clarify though I only want 1 fish maybe 2, just shopping out my options. There's not much swimming room in my tank because of how the rock is.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a purple firefish or heilfreichi version. I’m sure I messed that spelling all up haha. Cool looking fish no matter how you spell it.
I feel like I’m the only person who thinks the standard firefish is the prettiest of the firefish and one of the prettiest fish in the hobby

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to start stocking and need something that will fit in a 15 gallon cube and will leave feather dusters and other inverts alone.

So far a tailspot blenny seems to meet the criteria. Any other options? Also like clown gobies, but I've read they can be nippy with corals in small tanks.
I think, clown gobies will be more nippy towards sps. But its possible to keep them with sps provided you have a big and healthy colony that can withstand a few nips here and there. Regularly spot feeding the clown goby would help alot too.

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tail spot and yellow clown goby both get along great in my 5g pico. My ycg is an sps polyp eater, so acros and digis haven’t faired well being nipped on. But he doesn’t touch birds nest. I just added some pink birdsnest and it’s doing ok so far, the bird of paradise is great. Lps is a big fluffy couch for ycg lounging.

tail spot is just fun, he will nibble on algae but i wouldn’t consider it to do anything worthwhile as clean up. Similar to the ycg and always perched on rocks and corals.
D1EDF678-093C-4B7C-B752-0FB73B68A638.jpeg

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I’m the only person who thinks the standard firefish is the prettiest of the firefish and one of the prettiest fish in the hobby

love my helfrichi but agree that the price difference is really not worth it, all three firefish are gorgeous

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back