Pearlberry coloration.....

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is a pearlberry from someone elses tank....who has metal halides

mine is.the second pic..is the coloration different because my lighting is not sufficient for the color to come out or did ORA just have a diff colony of the pearlberry...i have a 50 gallon 240 watt nova extreme pro t5 setup.
3357989234_a072a84b7f.jpg

DSC01309-vi.jpg

mine looks like this...is the coloration different because my lighting is not sufficient for the color to come out or did ORA just have a diff colony of the pearlberry...i have a 50 gallon 240 watt nova extreme pro t5 setup....

Last edited:

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
top one looks like the one i just got on the tips for coloration. mine needs some time to see how it colors up or not but for the most part it very nice. i have MH as well.

pb2.jpg

pb1.jpg

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Top pic's coloration does not look any different from the picture of yours... Coralite shape is deifferent maybe do to flow but the colors look the same to me.

Dave

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Top pic's coral coloration does not look any different from the picture of yours... Corallites shape is different maybe do to flow but the colors look the same to me.

Coloration can also be affected by more than just light and even if it is light it might have more do with spectrum than intensity. Coloration can be impacted by current and food etc. T-5 has as much or more intensity than most halides but a nova does have cheaper reflectors than Ati or icecap but it should still be fine.

Your coral looks fine to me.

Dave

Last edited:

dots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Higher lighting, nutrient load, different bulb combination can be a big thing. Stability is another, BTW what is your PO4 level?

Noticing your growth and taking notes from my own tank observations.......

You look to be having slowing growth based on the rounded look and deep coloration of the piece. Most pieces have very intense newer growth coloration. Given yours looks to be growing slower (guess) this could be a contributor.

Try putting it up higher and seeing what it does.....

FWIW, its bee a difficult piece for me even to keep as it doesn't like to be dipped too harshly and the pieces I recieved small.

It looks like I finally got it established, but the pieces I have had have always had looked like Poseidon's

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a frag from a guy running T5's (8-overdriven) and his has great color. The frag glows. I had a frag already under 250W 14K Phoenixes (DE) and it is similarly colored to the T5 frag... He's running Prodibio, which he said brings colors out for him (as well as a number of oter things-I just started Prodibio last week after seenig his tank;)).

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the old pic of my pearlberry ..its sitting on md-high with 400k w radiums

053copy-1.jpg

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is directly under 250wt 10K Hamilton. At first I wasn't too happy with the color of the bulb overall, but now the sps are starting to color up really nicely and if as well under this bulb as they have been doing I would imagine under 14K and 20K they would really pop.

IMG_0914.jpg

a couple more under the Hamilton
IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO PnoyReefer has one of the nicest Pearlberry's I've seen (at least I think it was his... LOL). Gadget's is also very nice. Most of the Pearlberry's I've seen in person don't even come close to the coloration their able to pull, and have more of a dull pastel look to them.

imcosmokramer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO PnoyReefer has one of the nicest Pearlberry's I've seen (at least I think it was his... LOL). Gadget's is also very nice. Most of the Pearlberry's I've seen in person don't even come close to the coloration their able to pull, and have more of a dull pastel look to them.

+1 Tswifty

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys... here is an updated picture as of yesterday

090copy.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back